Google Trends demonstrates a significant increase in website analysis search queries. Related keywords, such as “free website analysis”, “SEO analysis website”, “website analysis tools”, “website traffic analysis”, etc., have been input in the search up to 3.5 times more often since August 2021. New York, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia – these are the states where the peak of users’ interest in website analysis is recorded.
It stands to reason. Website analysis pursues certain pre-set goals. Your a priori goal is to make your website visitor perform the desired action. Using appropriate website analysis tools, you collect all the user behaviors and interactions on your website and turn them into a custom metric. Thus, you get to know how many transactions have been completed, leads generated, accounts registered, contact forms submitted, etc. This allows you to analyze the performance of your website and adjust its further development strategy.
7 Plerdy Website Analysis Tools
Heatmaps from Plerdy provide 99% accurate data on the clicks (including the ones made on dynamic elements), hovers, scrolls, and other interactions with a website. The data will be helpful to analyze your UX, identify the most and least effective areas, and increase micro and macro conversions up to 10+% by improving them.
This tool makes SEO analysis rather straightforward. After installing a tracking code to your website, Plerdy will automatically collect data from pages with traffic for further analysis. By running SEO Checker on your website you reduce the risk of traffic loss and spend noticeably less time on website auditing. At the same time, the tool doesn’t overload your server.
The tool for recording the behavior of both mobile and desktop visitors of your web page. The records are video replays of their mouse movements, scrolls, clicks, and taps performed while browsing. Session Reply enables you to see your website from your potential customers’ perspective, estimate its usability, improve user experience, and stimulate conversions.
An efficient tool to track specific user actions on your website. It helps you to focus on particular elements and save time spent on website analysis by 10 times. The other pros are an automatic synchronization with Google Analytics and the simplicity of use since you don’t have to demonstrate professional HTML editing skills to handle it.
By applying this website analysis tool from Plerdy, you get a chance to estimate the profit you make via your online store. Thanks to the accurately collected data, you can identify which elements on your website contribute the most or the least to your sales. Sales Performance executes real-time data collection and analysis.
Get a better understanding of user behavior on your website by analyzing all the stages they pass on their way to conversion. The Conversion Funnel from Plerdy enables you to define the stages where most potential customers drop off. You’ll be also able to analyze how many unique pageviews have been executed at every stage of the funnel and set filters by device type and traffic channel.
Website Analysis Guide
Run an SEO audit
Running an SEO audit is what you need to improve rankings of your website and organic traffic levels. Typically, it’s conducted in a few stages. Here they are:
- Checking Your Website For Google Penalties. You need to find out the reason and eliminate it as soon as possible, if any.
- Checking Your Domain For The Search Appearance. Here you search for your brand name in Google and analyze the results. Ensure all the site links and descriptions contain accurate data and the related search results are relevant.
- Technical SEO Auditing. At this stage, you check whether search engines can access and index your web pages without any difficulties.
- On-Page SEO Auditing. This is the most important stage. It aims to analyze the content of your website and help search engines understand its meaning.
- Off-Page SEO Auditing. Now, you deal with the methods and techniques of online promotion of your website. So-called link building. The more quality backlinks you have, the higher you’re ranked by Google.
- Social Media Audititing. Your SEO is affected by Social media both directly and indirectly. So it’s crucial to ensure a strong social media presence of your brand.
Test website speed
Speed is a cogent factor affecting the success of your website. The faster your website runs, the better your chances of higher ranking are. There’s plenty of highly efficient tools to quantitatively measure your speed optimization strategy. You can choose any to your liking and effectively test your website. Here’re some examples of good speed testing tools:
- Pingdom. Regarded as a market leader among website monitoring services. It is notable for its superior usability and free website speed testing tool.
- WebPageTest. An open-source project available for free for different browsers at multiple locations all around the world. Using this tool, you can conduct advanced website speed testing referring to multi-step transactions, content blocking, connection speed changing, etc.
- New Relic. It is a premium service worthy of investing in since it opens up a wide range of functions to you, apart from website speed testing, such as app performance monitoring, server monitoring, mobile monitoring, and real-time user insights.
Perform competitor analysis
While performing a competitor analysis it’s important to investigate the market for the key players, identify their weaknesses, and define what you can offer to steal the scene. Here’s a quick guide on how to analyze your competitors:
- Profile your competitor;
- Define their product group;
- Investigate their sales tactics and its outcomes;
- Consider their pricing and all the perks they offer;
- Make sure you're being competitive in shipping matters;
- Analyze your competitors’ market positioning;
- Examine their content strategy and its level of engagement;
- Learn your competitors' technology stack;
- Mind their ways of promotion, including social media presence;
- Conduct a SWOT Analysis to identify their strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, and risks.
Analyze website traffic
Website traffic must be continuously analyzed since it’s a crucial factor affecting your promotion strategy. After effective website traffic analysis, you’ll find out:
- how many users have visited your website in total;
- what’s the percentage of the target audience;
- what traffic source got more leads;
- what exactly your visitors did and how long they stayed on your website;
- how well your website is running;
- whether your website optimization and promotion strategies are effective enough,
- how to improve them, etc.
To get full answers to the above questions, you need to conduct an accurate website traffic analysis, carefully analyzing its key indicators. The aspects you should take into consideration here are as follows: sessions, pages/session, average session duration, users, clicks, scrolls, bounce rate, channels, average ranking position, devices, and CRT.
Top 5 Website Analysis Tools
Currently, there are plenty of professional website analysis tools available in the Internet environment. Plerdy distinguishes the following five as top services:
- Google Analytics. Enables you to gather and analyze all the important data in a single user interface. The detailed statistics help you estimate your marketing, content, and product efficiency.
- Google PageSpeed Insights. A handy tool to analyze your web page content that suggests possible ways of increasing its load speed.
- Similarweb. One of the easiest instruments to measure your website performance in the digital space. Trusted by world-renowned brands.
- SEMRush. A single platform that enables you to conduct content marketing, SEO, competitor analysis, PPC, and social media marketing.
- Ahrefs. A cross-functional website analysis toolset including Site Audit, Site Explorer, Keywords Explorer, Content Explorer, and Rank Tracker.
No secret, website analysis is now the engine of your brand development. The process enables you to explore the strong and weak sides of your website, elaborate improvements, and increase your conversion rate, as an outcome.
Notably, the digital environment offers a great variety of effective website analysis tools. One of the most competitive services on the market is Plerdy. This is a polyfunctional toolset that provides you with deep insights into the performance of your website marketing strategy.