Web analytics is a complex area aimed at obtaining and processing data about traffic to your site. Web analytics is designed to help you understand why web traffic remains at the same level, what content is interesting to site visitors, and finally, what can interfere with increasing web traffic.
Using all the tools provided by web analytics, you can track the success and effectiveness of changes on the site and track changes in indicators after adding certain elements. It will also make it possible to stop the filling process if the published content or information does not bring the desired results.
Web analytics requires a massive amount of time and effort since it is also necessary to compare them with the previous ones and obtain the necessary indicators. Based on the data obtained, it enables evaluating the success of the site. To make it easier for site owners, search engines create special services, such as Google Analytics, but the available tools of such services are not always enough.
Depending on the level of the specialist, a web data specialist can ask different questions:
- What are the two main categories of web analytics?
- What is a web analytics?
- What is web analytics, and how are they used?
- What are the two main types of web analytics?
- Which of the following explains web analytics?
- What are the two main categories of web analytics?
- How does Google Analytics track user behavior at a participating website?
- What are web analytics tools?
- What is a web analytics Quizlet?
- What does web analytics mean?
- What is web analytics used for?
- What is the most popular web analytics tool?
- If a web page visitor clears the Analytics cookie from their browser, what will occur?
That is why some companies are launching their tools and services to expand the toolkit and Google Analytics data. One of these services is Plerdy.
Plerdy is a great Google Analytics add-on that can tell you more about web traffic and the reasons for its growth. It can help solve the problem that appeared on the site since Plerdy is a complex of analytics tools, consisting of:
- A heatmap tracking tool
- Tool for pop-ups
- SEO Optimization Checker Too
- A tool for tracking user sessions
- A tool for monitoring events and targets
- A tool for analyzing the effectiveness of e-commerce
- A tool for tracking the conversion sequence
To better understand why Plerdy is needed, you first need to understand the concept of web analytics in more detail.
- What is Web Analytics?
- Digital Marketing Statistics and Charts Examples
- Online Website Analytics Benefits
- How to Conduct Website Traffic Tracking
- Main Website Traffic Channels?
- How to Check Website Traffic?
- Significance of Website Statistics in Web Analytics
- Basic Website Metrics
- What is Visitor Tracking?
- Check Website Stats with Visitor Tracking Software
What is Web Analytics?
Web analytics is a method of collecting, processing, and using data for the benefit of the site. For example, with the help of web analytics, the site owner can analyze how successful advertising campaigns have been launched are, how effective the published content is, and whether the site needs additional optimization. In addition, the analysis of this data can indicate some errors or at least show that they are present on the resource.
Analyzing the data of web analytics, one can understand from which sites the traffic comes, which pages are most often visited by users, and, based on this, conclude that one type of information is much more attractive to the audience than the other. Also, the analysis of web analytics data makes it possible to build long-term promotion plans, making it possible to periodically check the site’s indicators, their growth or decline.
Due to the enormous array, this web analytics can play a key role in the success and popularity of the site. However, it is worth remembering that web analytics is a highly complex niche. Data analysis requires a massive amount of knowledge and experience, and one wrong decision can jeopardize the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and site optimization. To prevent this from happening, companies are developing additional programs, utilities, and services that facilitate data analysis and help users better understand what data can mean in analytics.
Digital Marketing Statistics and Charts Examples
Web analytics is a very voluminous area, and to understand it, and you need a visual example. To make users more comfortable, they could better analyze the published data and their volumes – we decided to display them in the form of graphs, which indicate all the information obtained using web analytics.
Using Web Analytics and Visitor Tracking Tools, we have collected data about visitors from more than a hundred sites to show how much information needs to be processed to get valuable data and observe the positive dynamics of indicators. We grouped all the obtained data into seven separate graphs, each of which owns one or indicator.
Thus, looking at each chart, one can notice the dynamics of growth or decline and peaks in the activity of site visitors.
As for the resulting data graphs, they look like this:
- In this graph, we have plotted the total number of user sessions on the sites. Thus, on the chart, you can understand how much traffic is total on seven sites together. In addition, the published data was carefully analyzed, and the web traffic itself was divided into the channels from which it came. Thus, you can take a closer look at the dynamics of changes and the final amount of traffic on all sites at the moment.
- In this graph, users can see the number of clicks made on all the resources participating in the study. The resulting click data was analyzed and distributed among the devices with which they were made. With this data, the analyst can conclude which devices bring more web traffic to the site and which direction the site should move to increase clicks.
- On this graph, users can see information about the depth of the page that users make their first and subsequent clicks. An experienced analyst, when placing or adding such data, can analyze it and use it to change the arrangement of elements on the home and other pages of sites.In the future, this can contribute to an increase in the number of clicks and loyalty rates from potential customers of the company.
- This graph can tell you how many users are visiting the site are watching the page to the end and how many users are viewing only part of the page. The data on this graph is presented as a percentage of the ratio to the depth of the studied page. Thanks to this data, the site owner can rethink the location of certain elements to make users more comfortable accessing the tools they need, which will ultimately affect loyalty.
- On this graph, you can track how many site visitors view the pages and click on them. The number of users in this graph is depicted as a percentage relative to page depth.
- This graph shows which errors were found on the analyzed sites using the Plerdy SEO checker. All mistakes made on the analyzed sites were divided into several types, namely:
- Not critical
All the data listed with the help of graphs is not the limit of web analytics capabilities. The data used in the charts are basic but, in addition to them, many indicators can be investigated using a web analytics tool.
The data obtained can be depicted in different ways. In this particular case, the graphs were used for greater clarity and a better understanding of users.
Online Website Analytics Benefits
The success of any business depends on many factors. One of the most critical success factors is receiving, interpreting, analyzing, and using different sources.
The ability to measure and study user traffic
Using analytical web services and Plerdy, which supplements the received data, the site owner can learn more about the users who have visited their site. With the help of an arsenal of tools built into analytical services, you can find out:
- Where did the user come from to the site?
- How many users visited the site?
- What actions did they perform while on the site?
- How long did users spend on the site?
After receiving this data and analyzing it, the site owner can draw conclusions about which blocks and information are of greater interest. Then, by adding which functions, they can significantly affect the incoming web traffic.
Tracking bounce rates
Refusals are visits to a site by a user, during which only one page was used, and no transition to the next was made. With the help of web analytics and Plerdy, the site owner can find out the number of refusals themselves and the possible reasons.
It is worth it because if the number of refusals on the site goes off scale, you should not expect positive dynamics. At the same time, the services provided by the search engine are not always able to show what the problem is, unlike Plerdy. Plerdy perfectly complements the functionality of Google Analytics and can provide more detailed information to the site owner.
Ability to track the success of marketing campaigns
Through links in advertising campaigns, the website owner can see how practical and cost-effective their launch was. By analyzing the performance of marketing campaigns using special services, the owner can find the most effective advertising campaigns and increase the flow of investments in their development. At the same time, having seen the most unprofitable campaigns or campaigns with low-performance indicators, an entrepreneur can refuse to finance them, thereby balancing their advertising budget and investing exclusively in ineffective tools for attracting customers.
Thanks to web analytics, you can find the target audience for the site
Using data about their site, an entrepreneur can identify the segment of users who have the most demand for the site and make them a target audience. Thus, by filling the site with content that interests the selected target audience, the entrepreneur can attract new users, expand the target audience, and increase the turnover rate.
Ability to detect site problems
Web analytics operates with data about the site and its users, which means that it can point out a specialist several problems that prevent the site from developing.
Although the services provided by search engines provide most of the information, by adding Plerdy to them, the site owner will increase the amount of data received significantly. In addition, Plerdy can help detect even the most challenging site problems, which can ultimately help the site become more popular with its target audience.
Work on optimizing conversion rates
Working with the site, web analysts can track web traffic indicators and user actions and motivate potential buyers to complete tasks beneficial to the site. The conversion rate is calculated by dividing the number of site conversions by the number of site users.
By analyzing user actions, web analysts can determine which actions are the most popular and why they respond better than others. Taking this data into account, specialists can motivate users to perform other actions to develop the site.
Ability to measure success in achieving the goals set for the site
Web analytics tools allow you to track specific indicators that the site owner is interested in growing. Tracking the indicators chosen by the entrepreneur as goals can bring its results thanks to constant monitoring of the situation and timely introduction of edits to the site.
Ability to use web analytics data to improve ad quality
Based on the data provided by web analytics, entrepreneurs can improve their advertising and increase its effectiveness. For example, with the help of data on the most common mistakes in Google Ads, an entrepreneur or a staff of specialists can make timely edits to an ad while increasing its effectiveness.
Launching web analytics is easy.
Services provided by Google, such as Google Analytics, are sufficient for tracking the most important metrics and collecting data. However, if an entrepreneur wants to see the complete picture of their site in data analytics, using add-ons such as Plerdy can be very useful.
Space for new ideas
Coming up with a new yet effective marketing campaign is difficult, especially if there is no data to guide you. Web analytics can help generate new ideas and launch new campaigns since the data obtained and analyzed can push the entrepreneur to new advertisements. Moreover, entrepreneurs can make their advertisements more effective using the data obtained because it will make it possible to understand what motivates users to click or take a targeted action more effectively.
These are not all the positive aspects of web analytics, but even they are enough to think about for its launch. It is also worth clarifying that, by having such a volume of data and analyzing it correctly, entrepreneurs have the opportunity to prevent mistakes and unsuccessful decisions – starting from the experience of past advertising campaigns and changes on the resource – concerning the results obtained as a result.
How to Conduct Website Traffic Tracking
Web traffic is one of the most important metrics for a site, measuring the number of users who have visited a site. Website traffic can tell a lot about the success of the marketing campaigns launched on the website. In addition, the analysis of site traffic, the duration of users’ stay on the site, and what actions users performed on the pages can help an entrepreneur launch even more effective advertising campaigns in the future.
Tracking web traffic allows specialists to operate on large amounts of data, analyze them, and predict further developments, which is very important for a commercial site.
To track web traffic and to be able to analyze the received data, it is necessary to use special tools. The most popular tool for tracking and analyzing web traffic is Google Analytics.
To take advantage of all Google Analytics tools, the site owner first needs to register on the service and embed its code into their site. To do this, the user will need to do the following:
- Get Google Analytics ID
- Add the received identifier to your site
- View data for the site to which the identifier was added
To get extended and more detailed information, the site owner can also use Plerdy.
To implement Plerdy on their website, an entrepreneur will need to follow a series of simple steps, namely:
- Register on the Plerdy service website https://a.plerdy.com/auth/register
- During registration, enter the domain of your site.
- In the administrative panel of the service, you need to copy the unique tracking code by analogy with Google Analytics and embed it on the site.
- After the site owner adds a unique tracking code to the site, Plerdy will automatically start tracking incoming web traffic and its associated data.
Using Google Analytics in conjunction with Plerdy, the site owner can significantly increase the amount of information received for analytics and take a closer look at the metrics and aspects of each page.
An integrated approach and an increase in the amount of data obtained for analytics can significantly increase the effectiveness of the analytics itself, which will affect traffic and site success.
Main Website Traffic Channels
Web traffic is data about site traffic. With the help of this data, specialists can track which web traffic channels were the most successful, how many users came from this or that channel, and exactly what users were doing on the site. Then, analyzing this data, specialists can make predictions about which traffic channels should be developed.
As for the web traffic channels themselves, the list of the main ones is as follows:
- First, organic web traffic measures the number of users who found a site using a search query. Second, By tracking this traffic channel, you can conclude the site’s popularity and relevance, carefully analyze the request and understand how popular, and optimize new content with it.
- Paid traffic – this type of web traffic includes all traffic of users who came to the site after the advertising campaign. One of the main providers of paid traffic is Google ADS.
- Direct traffic – this traffic includes all site visits made via a direct link. For example, such traffic is possible if the user frequently visits the site and, when entering its name in the search bar, the search engine itself prompts the user to go to the site. Direct traffic is also taken into account if the client visited the site using a prepared bookmark in the search engine.
- Referral traffic – this type of web traffic includes all users visiting the site following links from other sites. The web traffic that crowd marketing brings is referred to as referral traffic. Having received the information he needs and noticing the link to the company, the user is interested and visits your site. Using the referrer attribute can hide the referrer information. In analytics, you will not find out which site a user clicked on a link with the referrer attribute. Instead, the analytics will display a direct link to the page, which can cause some confusion in the data and its analysis.
- Social traffic – as the name suggests, this traffic represents users who have visited your site using links posted on social networks.
Each of the listed channel traffic can bring its results, but their effectiveness often depends on the niche chosen for the site. Therefore, to achieve maximum results in terms of traffic received on the site, entrepreneurs should focus on several traffic channels best suited to the site’s niche. This approach will help to get the maximum amount of traffic without being sprayed on all its channels at once.
How to Check Website Traffic
Web analytics is a popular trend in website promotion. Web analytics aims to obtain and analyze data on visits and actions that users have performed on the site. With the help of its data, you can get forecasts and understand how good the site is.
To measure metrics, the site owner needs tools that are available in Google Analytics. Google Analytics provides the site owner with the ability to track all data about visitors and from which resources they came to the site. In addition, Google Analytics can provide detailed data, with the help of which a specialist can later create a more understandable graph for an ordinary user. In Google Analytics, a wide variety of reports are available, analyzing the data of which you can create a graph, as shown below:
All information about web traffic is displayed in the “overview” tab. Here the site owner can observe many reports. One of these reports is an audience.
Audiences – the data in this report is available only after selecting an audience on the service. With the help of the data obtained in this report, you can track the number of conversions, the actions of visitors, and the moment when they appeared on the site. In addition, the entrepreneur has the opportunity to both set up his audiences, that is, those user segments that are of the most significant interest to him, or use the audiences built into Google Analytics.
In addition to audiences, Google Analytics can offer many indicators and data by analyzing which a specialist can develop a working strategy for promoting and attracting potential customers.
Google Analytics provides a wide range of data about site visitors, but this data is not always enough. If the site owner wants to learn more about the visitors to their site or investigate the site for errors – the right solution would be to use the .Using the Plerdy dashboard, an entrepreneur can check the web traffic on the site, from where users come to their site, whether there are optimization errors on the site pages, and much more. Thus, the Thus, Plerdy dashboard significantly expands the range of available data, thereby simplifying the task for specialists and allowing them to analyze the situation on the site more accurately.
Significance of Website Statistics in Web Analytics
Statistics and web analytics are inextricably linked when it comes to improving the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. By analyzing the data obtained, specialists can see the whole picture of what is happening on the site and make changes on time, if necessary.
Using statistics can help solve several problems – for example:
- Website usability analysis.
- Analysis of site conversions and methods that can affect the increase in their number.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of the site’s marketing strategy and the effectiveness of the tools involved.
With a sufficient amount of data, web analysts can predict the site’s behavior and visitors and their growth or decline in traffic so that the site owner can quickly make the right decision.
Basic Website Metrics
To analyze data related to site traffic and the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, it is necessary to analyze metrics data. Each of the metrics listed below has a significant impact on the analysis result, so it is important to use reliable and up-to-date data. The basic indicators for web analysis include:
- Users The number of users who have visited your site in a given period can be found in Google Analytics.
Google Analytics divides users into new and returning users, making it possible to understand how many new users visited the resource and how much the site’s target audience is interested in buying goods and cooperating. If the percentage of new users and returning is high, this may mean that the launched marketing campaign was launched correctly and configured, as it attracts both new and old site visitors.
- Sessions Sessions are a metric that further reveals the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns launched by the site owner.
Sessions mean the user’s activity on the site. The session starts when the user visits the site and ends after 30 minutes of inactivity. Despite the preset limiter of 30 minutes, this parameter can be configured.
Tracking the number of sessions is more preferable if the site owner wants to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns since, unlike the user indicator, sessions take into account all sessions of user activity, even if they go to the site.
- Number of pages per session This indicator can tell the site owner how many pages were viewed by users from the beginning to the end of their session. Using this data, the site owner can evaluate the campaigns’ effectiveness, but before that, it is worth making sure that each page on the site can lead the user to another page on the site.
- Devices This metric can tell you how many website users were using smartphones, tablets, or desktop computers.
- Visits and unique page visits The purpose of this metric is to provide the site owner with information about which pages and how many times a particular user and users, in general, have visited.
The regular visit includes all visits to pages, even if a user has visited the same page several times.
The unique visits of pages include visits made by different users for one period of time. In the results of unique visits, if a user has visited the same page several times, these visits will be counted as one.
- Average time on page This web metric shows how much time users spend on the page on average. Data on the duration of a user’s session on each page can help the site owner understand which pages to add elements to, motivating the user to spend more time on the page.
- Landing pages In Google Analytics, landing pages are the pages that a user sees first when visiting a website. Also, target pages can be pages through which the user gets to an entrepreneur or company site.
- Recent user pages The last pages of a user are pages after visiting which a potential buyer or client decides to leave the site. By analyzing the data, the site owner can find out which pages users most often leave and make changes to further interest users.
- Failure rate This metric can tell the site owner how often users visit the company’s website and leave the page without a single action. By analyzing the percentage of bounces and taking into account other metrics, the site owner can determine the reason for the refusals and make changes to improve the situation. To obtain the most reliable information about the effectiveness and attractiveness of the site, the site owner must, in addition to basic metrics, also analyze
- The number of clicks on important elements of the site This metric shows exactly how users interact with the site’s pages and what functions they are most interested in. Using Plerdy, the site owner can also segment the analyzed user activity by traffic channels through which users visited the site.
- Scroll users through the pages of the site This indicator can tell the site owner how deeply the users go down the page. Based on this data, conclusions can be drawn regarding the effectiveness and success of articles or a block among site visitors.
- Which areas of the site have users pointed to their courses most often? This metric can provide an opportunity to get acquainted with the map of the cursor hovering by users. Using the data obtained, specialists can conclude which site areas are the most interesting from the users’ point of view.
- A sequence of clicks on pages Using this metric data in conjunction with the customer click map, the site owner can more accurately identify the elements of the site that are of the greatest interest to users. Such information can be useful, as it provides information based on which specialists can make edits and make the site more interesting from the visitors’ point of view. Each of the listed web metrics can tell the specialists and the site owner how to develop the site. In addition, many indicators can indicate site errors that affect its web traffic. As a result, the owner or specialist will make timely changes and get rid of factors that slow down the site’s development.
What Is Visitor Tracking?
Tracking website visitors is a process that allows the site owner to know who their visitors are, where they are, how they got to the site.
Visitor-tracking data can help a site become more popular and prepare a selected segment of users for purchase confirmation.
By analyzing different segments of the target audience who have visited the site, experts can identify users who are most interested in purchasing a product or ordering a service. With this data, the site owner can also influence visitors’ selected segments and motivate them to buy or order.
In addition, thanks to the data obtained, a specialist can understand how many visitors returned to the site again, how many visitors did not return to the site after refusal, and how many visitors constantly spend time on the site. Based on this data, a specialist can identify an interested segment of users, bringing sales to the site.
Check Website Stats with Visitor Tracking Software
Tracking site visitors in real-time allows the site owner to keep track of who is currently visiting the site. Then, based on the data received, the site owner or specialist can make conclusions about:
- Who are those users who are visiting the site at the moment?
- What are their pains and points of influence on them?
- Which page of the site are they on at the time of purchase?
The ability to monitor users’ activity on the site makes it possible to analyze their behavior and highlight the segment of users who are ready to make a purchase. Thanks to this opportunity, the site owner can create and launch content adapted to potential buyers’ pain points, motivating them to purchase.
The Plerdy software can help the site owner obtain information regarding the users visiting the company’s site. In addition, the data obtained with the help of Plerdy will be enough to determine the interest of visitors in making a purchase or ordering a service, which will answer whether it is advisable to create content for their pain.
Regardless of whether the users who visited the site are known or anonymous, Plerdy will track their activity when users still decide to make a purchase. Thus, the owner will already have information about each of their interactions and actions on the company’s website.
Tracking site visitors and their actions on the page can make it possible to:
- Encourage numerous purchases and subscriptions
- Attract more potential customers to the site
- Increase the number of clicks on ads
- Elimination of all factors that could prevent the user from making a purchase
Thus, tracking user activity on a site page can provide a huge amount of information, and, having correctly analyzed, an entrepreneur can predict customer behavior and influence it.
The Plerdy service has numerous tools for tracking user activity and analyzing it. Using Plerdy, the site owner can significantly increase the amount of data received and their accuracy about site visitors.
One of the features of Plerdy is a heatmap.
With the Plerdy heatmap, a site owner can:
- Find design mistakes
- Increase the number of conversions
- Improve content
- Optimize links posted on the site
- Analyze the quality of the call to action posted on the site
And much more.
The functionality of Plerdy is not limited to the heatmap because, in addition to it, the site owner using Plerdy can also record and track the sessions of visitors.
Recording sessions of site visitors from Plerdy allows you to:
- Analyze repeat visits of site users
- Identify errors in site performance and design
- Record user sessions to track user interactions with site elements
- Based on the data received, understand why users refuse to interact with the site
Using the data obtained by recording sessions, the site owner or specialist will improve the site’s performance. Moreover, the analysis of user behavior can help the site owner understand what causes users to abandon interaction with the pages and which pages cause the user to abandon exchange most often.
As for conversion funnels, Plerdy can help the site owner track their performance and improve them. For this, Plerdy provides all the necessary tools, and competent analysis of the data obtained will allow the site owner to make the necessary adjustments to the work of conversion funnels.
How to Check Web Stats with Website Traffic Checker
There are many methods to check website traffic and its analytics. However, one of the main problems of traffic analysis is the overestimated results, which can be noticed in many services.
We understand how to determine reliable website traffic. Therefore, using Plerdy in conjunction with Google Analytics, you can be sure of the reliability and further effectiveness of the received and analyzed data.
Why is Google Analytics not the only way?
Despite the efficiency and a large amount of data provided by Google Analytics, it is not always enough for making decisions or for detailed analysis of specific user actions. To get a complete picture of what’s happening on your site, you can use Plerdy. The functions provided by Plerdy will help you get more detailed information about the interests, pages, location, and desire to place a purchase of your site visitors.
Why Is Website Visitor Tracking Important?
Tracking website visitors allows professionals to analyze visitors’ behavior, interests, pain points, and preferences. Thus, the website owner can adjust the site focusing on users’ interests, thereby increasing their interest. In addition, tracking site visitors can help a site owner modernize advertising campaigns – focusing on how users react to different content. Also, user tracking allows the site owner to work more specifically with customer refusals; the analyzed data can help find the cause of the refusals.
Advantages of Website Visitor Tracking
Tracking website visitors has many positive factors. Depending on the tools used to do this, by tracking visitors to a website, a website owner can:
- But, first, see what content works best and what pages users are most interested in visiting.
- Understand which marketing campaigns attract the most customers.
- Find out where potential buyers and clients of the site are located.
- See what the client’s journey looked like to the site and what pages of the site the client visited for review.
- Track the number of unique and regular users of the site.
- Understand which site elements work best for customers and drive increased sales and conversions on the site.
- Track quality leads visiting the site.
- Segment visitors for more accurate marketing in the future.
- Understand what the site’s customers want and expect from the product being sold or the services provided.
- Provide information to the site support team, so that site representatives do not need to check with customers about the browser they are using or its settings if they encounter problems.
Website User Behavior Tracking with Heatmap Website can simplify data analysis and provide a more holistic picture of what is happening on the site. Thanks to the heatmap, the site owner can track the elements and blocks of the site in much more detail that arouses the most significant interest of potential buyers.
Thus, tracking user activity on the pages of a website can solve many problems and provide an opportunity better to understand the wants and needs of potential customers.
Mobile Website Analytics
Mobile analytics can help a site owner or professionals track the number of users visiting a site using mobile devices. Mobile analytics allows specialists to track users who visited the site, the most exciting blocks and content for them, and the pages they decided to leave the site. The main goal of mobile analytics is to increase conversions and increase website traffic using mobile devices by creating the best possible user experience.
Website SEO and Web Analytics
Website SEO and web analytics are inextricably linked.
To promote a website, you must use all available methods, including SEO optimization.
For the optimization to be effective, you can use the tools offered by the company in Google Search Console, namely:
- Analyze search queries
- Add content to Google using sitemap
- Analyze system error messages on the site
- Check URL and its indexing.
In this case, web analytics serves as a tool for researching the effectiveness of SEO optimization. Thus, using web analytics tools, the site owner can understand how effective SEO optimization is and how the indicators will change in case of re-optimization. Thanks to this, it is much easier for the site owner to analyze the progress or regression of the site, which means that it will be much easier to create a plan for further actions to promote the site.