Web analytics is a complex area aimed at obtaining and processing data about traffic to your site. Web analytics is designed to help you understand why web traffic remains at the same level, what content is interesting to site visitors.
Web analytics requires a massive amount of time and effort since it is necessary to compare them with the previous ones and obtain the necessary indicators. Based on the data obtained, it enables evaluating the success of the site. To make it easier for site owners, search engines create special services, such as Google Analytics, but the available tools of such services are not always enough.
- How does google analytics track user behavior at a participating website?
- What are the two main types of web analytics?
- What are the two main categories of web analytics?
- Which of the following explains web analytics?
- How are web analytics used in the context of marketing?
That is why some companies are launching their tools to expand the toolkit and Google Analytics data. One of these services is Plerdy.
Plerdy is a great Google Analytics add-on that can tell you more about web traffic and the reasons for its growth. It can help solve the problem that appeared on the site since Plerdy is a complex of analytics tools, consisting of:
- A heatmap tracking tool
- Tool for pop-ups
- SEO Optimization Checker Tool
- Tracking user sessions
- Monitoring events and targets
- Analyzing the effectiveness of e-commerce
- Tracking the conversion sequence
To better understand why Plerdy is needed, you first need to understand the concept of web analytics in more detail.
What is Web Analytics?
Web analytics is a method of collecting, processing, and using data for the benefit of the site. For example, with the help of web analytics, the site owner can analyze how successful advertising campaigns have been launched are, how effective the published content is.
Analyzing the data of web analytics, one can understand from which sites the traffic comes, which pages are most often visited by users, and, based on this, conclude that one type of information is much more attractive to the audience than the other.
Due to the enormous array, this web analytics can play a key role in success. However, it is worth remembering that web analytics is a highly complex niche. Data analysis requires a massive amount of knowledge, and one wrong decision can jeopardize the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. To prevent this from happening, companies are developing additional programs, utilities, and services that facilitate data analysis.
Digital Marketing Statistics and Charts Examples
Web analytics is a very voluminous area, and to understand it, and you need a visual example. To make users more comfortable, they could better analyze the published data and their volumes – we decided to display them in the form of graphs, which indicate all the information obtained using web analytics.
Using Web Analytics and Visitor Tracking Tools, we have collected data about visitors from more than a hundred sites to show how much information needs to be processed to get valuable data and observe the positive dynamics of indicators. We grouped all the obtained data into seven separate graphs, each of which owns one or indicator.
Thus, looking at each chart, one can notice the dynamics of growth or decline and peaks in the activity of site visitors.
As for the resulting data graphs, they look like this:
- In this graph, we have plotted the total number of user sessions on the sites. Thus, on the chart, you can understand how much traffic is total on seven sites together.
- In this graph, users can see the number of clicks made on all the resources participating in the study. The resulting click data was analyzed and distributed among the devices with which they were made. With this data, the analyst can conclude which devices bring more web traffic to the site and which direction the site should move to increase clicks.
- On this graph, users can see information about the depth of the page that users make their first. An experienced analyst, when placing or adding such data, can analyze it and use it to change the arrangement of elements on the home and other pages of sites. In the future, this can contribute to an increase in the number of clicks and loyalty rates from potential customers of the company.
- This graph can tell you how many users are visiting the site are watching the page to the end and how many users are viewing only part of the page. The data on this graph is presented as a percentage of the ratio to the depth of the studied page. Thanks to this data, the site owner can rethink the location of certain elements to make users more comfortable accessing the tools they need, ultimately affecting loyalty.
Online Website Analytics Benefits
The success of any business depends on many factors. One of the most critical success factors is receiving, interpreting, analyzing.
Tracking bounce rates
Refusals are visits to a site by a user, during which only one page was used, and no transition to the next was made. With the help of web analytics and Plerdy, the site owner can find out the number of refusals themselves and the possible reasons.
It is worth it because if the number of refusals on the site goes off scale, you should not expect positive dynamics. Plerdy perfectly complements the functionality of Google Analytics .
Ability to track the success of marketing campaigns
At the same time, having seen the most unprofitable campaigns or campaigns with low-performance indicators, an entrepreneur can refuse to finance them, thereby balancing their advertising budget.
Ability to detect site problems
Web analytics operates with data about the site, which means that it can point out a specialist several problems that prevent the site from developing.
Work on optimizing conversion rates
Working with the site, web analysts can track web traffic indicators and user actions and motivate potential buyers to complete tasks beneficial to the site. The conversion rate is calculated by dividing the number of site conversions by the number of site users.
Web analysts can determine which actions are the most popular and why they respond better than others by analyzing user actions. Taking this data into account, specialists can motivate users to perform other actions to develop the site.
Ability to measure success in achieving the goals set for the site
Web analytics tools allow you to track specific indicators that the site owner is interested in growing. Tracking the indicators chosen by the entrepreneur as goals can bring results thanks to constant monitoring of the situation and timely introduction of edits to the site.
Space for new ideas
Coming up with a new yet effective marketing campaign is difficult, especially if there is no data to guide you. Web analytics can help generate new ideas. Moreover, entrepreneurs can make their advertisements more effective using the data obtained because it will make it possible to understand what motivates users to click or take a targeted action more effectively.
These are not all the positive aspects of web analytics, but they are enough to think about for its launch.
How to Conduct Website Traffic Tracking
To take advantage of all Google Analytics tools, the site owner first needs to register on the service and embed its code into their site.
To get extended and more detailed information, the site owner can use Plerdy.
To implement Plerdy on their website, an entrepreneur will need to follow a series of simple steps, namely:
- Create a Plerdy account.
- During registration, enter the domain of your site.
- In the administrative panel of the tool, you need to copy the unique tracking code by analogy with Google Analytics and embed it on the site.
- After the site owner adds a unique tracking code to the site, Plerdy will automatically start tracking incoming web traffic.
Using Google Analytics in conjunction with Plerdy, the site owner can significantly increase the amount of information received for analytics and take a closer look at the metrics and aspects of each page.
Main Website Traffic Channels
Web traffic is data about site traffic. Analyzing this data, specialists can make predictions about which traffic channels should be developed.
As for the web traffic channels themselves, the list of the main ones is as follows:
- Organicweb traffic measures the number of users who found a site using a search query.
- Paid traffic – this type of web traffic includes all traffic of users who came to the site after the advertising campaign. One of the main providers of paid traffic is Google ADS.
- Direct traffic – this traffic includes all site visits made via a direct link.
- Referral traffic – this type of web traffic includes all users visiting the site following links from other sites. The web traffic that crowd marketing brings is referred to as referral traffic. Having received the information he needs and noticing the link to the company, the user is interested. Using the referrer attribute can hide the referrer information.
- Social traffic – as the name suggests, this traffic represents users who have visited your site using links posted on social networks.
Each of the listed channel traffic can bring its results, but their effectiveness often depends on the niche chosen for the site. Therefore, to achieve maximum traffic results on the site, entrepreneurs should focus on several traffic channels best suited to the site’s niche.
What Is Visitor Tracking?
Tracking website visitors is a process that allows the site owner to know who their visitors are, where they are, how they got to the site.
By analyzing different segments of the target audience who have visited the site, experts can identify users who are most interested in purchasing a product or ordering a service.
Check Website Stats with Visitor Tracking Software
Tracking site visitors in real-time allows the site owner to track who is currently visiting the site.
The Plerdy software can help the site owner obtain information regarding the users visiting the company’s site.
Whether the users who visited the site are known or anonymous, Plerdy will track their activity when users still decide to make a purchase.
Tracking site visitors and their actions on the page can make it possible to:
- Encourage numerous purchases and subscriptions
- Elimination of all factors that could prevent the user from making a purchase
- Thus, tracking user activity on a site page can provide a huge amount of information, and, having correctly analyzed, an entrepreneur can predict customer behavior and influence it.
One of the features of Plerdy is a heatmap.
With the Plerdy heatmap, a site owner can:
- Find design mistakes
- Optimize links posted on the site
- Analyze the quality of the call to action posted on the site
Recording sessions of site visitors from Plerdy allows you to:
- Analyze repeat visits of site users
- Identify errors in site performance and design
Using the data obtained by recording sessions, the site owner or specialist will improve the site’s performance. Moreover, the analysis of user behavior can help the site owner understand what causes users to abandon interaction with the pages.