Have you ever noticed how the phrases you’ll hear and read prompt you in to taking action? As if they are filling you with energy. Motivational quotes work by making you leave your comfort zone and start moving in the direction of your dreams.
As a rule, we pay attention to the content that corresponds to our experiences and thoughts at a particular moment in time. This explains the effect of motivational quotes. They demonstrate an alternative view of the existing problem and help us make the right choice to solve it.
Motivational quotes: What are they?
Motivational quotes are other people’s thoughts and expressions, but they often echo our own. They are only formulated more succinctly. They can relate to business, relationships, achieving goals, raising children, athletic performance, or they are there just to amuse and entertain.
Their main task is to inspire and help find inner harmony during periods of emotional burnout or difficulties. It is worth turning to motivational quotes if you need support and inner fulfillment.
We have collected 130 motivational expressions for different application areas – from personal life to business – read on – maybe this is what you were missing when trying to make changes for the better.
Top 18 motivational quotes for women
Motivational quotes for women are aimed at developing different parts of one’s personality. Therefore, they relate not only to a truly feminine nature, intuition, tenderness, but also to strength of character, leadership, and ambition.
- “I believe in being strong when things go wrong. Tomorrow is a new day, and I believe in miracles. ” Audrey Hepburn
- “Never apologize for being emotional. Let it be a sign that you have a good heart, and you are not afraid to show it. ” Bridget Nicole
- “Doubt kills, so you should always know exactly who you are and what you are fighting for.” Jennifer Lopez
- “Take criticism, but don’t take it personally. If there is a drop of truth in it – listen, if not – do not let it near you.” Hillary Clinton
- “The best protection for every woman is courage.” Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Be a smart girl, a woman with own opinion, and a lady with dignity.” Author Unknown
- “The woman who does not seek approval from anyone is the most dangerous person in the world.” Mahadeva Najumi
- “If you want to meet the love of your life – look in the mirror.” Byron Cathy
- “There is no cosmetics for beauty better than happiness.” Maria Mitchell
- “If you focus on what you have, you will always get more. If you think about what is not, you will never have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Today’s no does not mean tomorrow’s rejection.” Yvonne Orji
- “We have to accept that we will not always do the right thing. Failure is not the opposite of success, it is part of it.” Arianna Huffington
- “The strong woman smiles in the morning like she didn’t cry last night.” Harriet Morgan
- “Any woman who understands how to run a home is closest to understanding how to run a country.” Margaret Thatcher
- “Let’s make sure every one of the millions of women and girls has the opportunity they deserve.” Hillary Clinton
- “Only my expectations are worth pursuing.” Michelle Obama
- “Feminism will not make women stronger because they are already strong. The task of feminism is to make the world recognize this power.” J. D. Anderson (Gina Dunn)
These statements can provide inspiration and guidance to action – regardless of lifestyle, social status, age, or other labels and characteristics.
Top 10 motivational quotes for employees
Sometimes managers find it difficult to communicate with subordinates. How can you encourage colleagues to work effectively and efficiently to achieve the goal? Call for motivational help quotes for employees.
- “The harder you work, the more fortunate you become.” Thomas Jefferson
- “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change quickly.” Stephen Hawking
- “If you’re working on something that turns you on, you don’t need a kick. The mission is leading you.” Steve Jobs
- “Without changing direction, you stay in the same place.” Lao Tzu
- “Perfection is unattainable, but if you strive for it, you can achieve excellence.” Vince Lombardi
- “By neglecting preparation, you are preparing for failure.” Benjamin Franklin
- “If something is wrong, fix it right away. But don’t train yourself to worry – it doesn’t change anything.” Ernest Hemingway
- “Today’s expert at anything was once a beginner.” Helen Hayes
- “It’s not about money or connections, it’s about the willingness to learn and work.” Mark Cuban
- “You can earn the respect of others only through self-respect.” Nathaniel Branden
Based on these statements, believe in yourself – and lead your company, department, or startup to success.
Top 9 motivational quotes for kids
Motivational quotes for children form moral values, helping in the formation of a personality.
- “I’ve never lost. I just found thousands of ways that don’t work.” Thomas Edison
- “The secret to success is taking the first step.” Mark Twain
- “Be kind whenever possible. And this is always possible.” Dalai lama
- “You cannot change circumstances or the season, but you can change yourself.” Jim Rohn
- “Accept yourself completely – it’s you, without convention.” Clark Moustakas
- “Yesterday does not exist, neither does tomorrow. All we have is the gift that we call the present. ” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “People will forget your words and actions. But they will never forget the feelings you made for them.” Maya Angelou
- “You will go through setbacks on the road to success.” Mickey Rooney
- “Education is a ticket to the future because tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” Malcolm X
Children are very good at absorbing and absorbing new things – carefully choose the words you speak to them. Nurture their future today.
Top 9 motivational quotes for men
Motivational quotes make men even stronger: confident, strong in character, striving for success and coping with failure. They stimulate self-knowledge and the realization of their ambitions.
- “What defines a man is what he believes in.” Anton Chekhov
- “Success is a journey from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
- “All men can endure adversity, but if you want to test character – give them power.” Abraham Lincoln
- “Only one who has suffered once can become a deeper person.” Oscar Wilde
- “When you find peace within yourself, you will find it outside.” Naga Devi
- “What you strive for determines what you see.” Henry Ford
- “The main question a leader should ask himself is how he can make those around him more successful.” John C. Maxwell
- “Wealth has deprived many people of the opportunity to comprehend wisdom.” Seneca
- “A sense of humor is the only divine quality of man.” Arthur Schopenhauer
Men very often need support and additional motivation – no matter how strong they may seem.
Top 7 motivational quotes for life
Everyone sometimes needs a breath of inspiration to live, love, work, and have fun. These motivational quotes will help you find something that will add variety to your everyday life and provide guidelines.
- “Don’t let the past take up too much space in the present.” Will Rogers
- “Curiosity about all aspects of life is the secret of great creative people.” Leo Burnett
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Life is simple, and people are trying to complicate it.” Confucius
- “Life is like a coin. You can spend it as you like, but only once.” Lillian Dixon
- “The tragedy of life is that we grow old too early and grow wise too late.” Benjamin Franklin
- “Reading is the same for the mind as an exercise for the body.” Brian Tracy
It is extremely important to live with dignity and be able to find the right solutions.
Top 9 motivational quotes for athletes
Athletes are great self-motivators. However, they also need a magic phrase from time to time to reach the top. These quotes will help strengthen the spirit and heighten ambition.
- “While you are driving, only the race in which you participate is important.” Bill Shoemaker
- “It is much more difficult to maintain altitude than to achieve it.” Mia Hamm
- “Age is just a limitation that you put in your head.” Jackie Joyner-Kersey
- “The longer and more you put in the effort, the sooner what you want will happen to you.” Manon Rehom
- “Champions keep on doing until they get it perfect.” Billie Jean King
- “Show initiative and keep playing. You are confident in the decisive game.” Chris Evert
- “Reason creates limitations. But you can do a lot if you believe it with all your heart.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Your main enemy is not another person, but human nature.” Bobby Knight
- “How to deal with a mistake? Realize, admit, draw conclusions, forget.” Dean Smith
Athletes are a special category of people who are focused on achievement.
Top 7 motivational quotes for working out
We can be lazy, and it can be difficult for us to overcome ourselves – these motivational quotes will allow you to focus on your goals during training.
- “The last few reps play a critical role in muscle growth. It is the ability to do this that determines the champion.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Progress is happening outside of your comfort zone.” Michal Joan Bobak
- “The human body is an absolute reflection of the soul.” Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Exercise is not only a way to get a healthy body, but also the basis for dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” John F. Kennedy
- “You can’t beat a man who never gives up.” Babe Ruth
- “Your health is like a bank account: the more you invest, the more you can take.” Jack Lalanne
- “Many are so obsessed with their health that there is no time to enjoy it.” Josh Billings
Motivational workout quotes lead us forward and keep us from stopping halfway.
Top 8 motivational quotes for teachers
But there is always the opportunity to turn to motivational quotes for teachers – to the source of creativity and self-affirmation.
- “A good teacher is like a candle: it burns to light the way for others.” Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
- “If your child is not learning from your system, it may be worth teaching based on how he learns.” Ignacio Estrada
- “Education breeds confidence, confidence breeds hope, and hope breeds peace.” Confucius
- “There is a huge difference between knowing and understanding: you can know a lot but not understand anything.” Charles F. Kettering
- “The mediocre teacher tells. Good – explains. An excellent teacher demonstrates with examples. Great teacher – inspires.” William Ward
- “Good teaching consists of preparation and theater performance.” Gail Goldwin
- “Learning is the greatest act of optimism.” Colleen Wilcox
- “The main task of the modern teacher is not to eradicate the jungle but to moisten the desert.” Clive Staples Lewis
A good teacher always feels a special responsibility for forming the personality. Therefore, they must constantly develop and motivate themselves.
Top 5 motivational quotes for teens
Adolescence is a time of self-determination, finding the right values, and gaining self-confidence.
- “Be sincere, honest, and believe with all your heart.” Howard Schultz
- “Do not judge, and you will be happy. Goodbye, everyone, and you will be even happier. You and love will be the happiest.” Sri Chinmoy
- “Get to know yourself and accept yourself as you are. And then create personal boundaries to be able to get closer to the life you desire.” Mel Robbins
- “Love and confidence are the best clothes.” Taylor Swift
- “It’s better to be a first-rate version of yourself than a second-rate version of someone else.” Judy Garland
When a person is searching for themself, it is important to pick up apt statements to become the proper guideline for the rest of their life.
Top 10 motivational quotes for teamwork
Great things happen in a good team, where everyone can become each other’s support. These motivational quotes will help strengthen team spirit and provide a stream of inspiration to achieve common goals.
- “Teamwork starts with trust. To build it, you need to overcome your need for invulnerability.” Patrick Lencioni
- “A match is not enough to light a fire.” Louise May Alcott
- “None of us do great things alone. But everyone can do small things, and together we will create something beautiful.” Mother Teresa
- “In the history of mankind, those who have learned to collaborate and improvise effectively have won.” Charles Darwin
- “We remain strong and invincible only by becoming one.” Chris Bradford
- “The best indicator of teamwork is when everyone works separately to achieve a common goal.” James Cash Penny
- “Concentrate on being efficient, not busy.” Tim Ferriss
- “A group turns into a team when each member is confident in himself and his contribution to the cause, as well as can appreciate the efforts of others.” Norman Shidle
- “Bad attitudes towards each other can destroy the strongest team.” Terry Bradshaw
- “Hard work removes wrinkles from the mind and spirit.” Elena Rubinstein
Group initiative must be constantly encouraged so that everyone remembers a common goal.
Top 6 motivational quotes for entrepreneurs
Some of these motivational quotes will appeal to entrepreneurs – people with strong leadership qualities and a heightened sense of responsibility.
- “It takes decades to build a reputation. It takes a few minutes to destroy it.” Warren Buffett
- “Think big since you’re thinking anyway.” Donald Trump
- “When deciding to start own business, you better have a passion for it, otherwise it will be a very difficult job.” Sally Kravchuk
- “When you stop dreaming, you stop living.” Malcolm Forbes
- “A leader knows the way, follows it, and shows others.” John Maxwell
- “Your disgruntled customers are the best source of knowledge.” Bill Gates
Starting business is very difficult, as well as managing it. Find inspiration in the words of famous people.
Top 9 Funny motivational quotes
Sometimes you need to rest and reboot to distract yourself from problems and tasks. So smartly unload your head!
- “The elevator to success has broken down, so you’ll have to climb the steps, step by step.” Joe Girard
- “If you are not the kind of person who can do everything right away, then skydiving is not for you.” Stephen Wright
- “A pessimist is a person who has listened to too many optimists.” Don Marquis
- “If you don’t know where you are going, you will be in the wrong place.” Yogi Berra
- “Opportunity doesn’t knock on the door. It appears when you kick down the door.” Kyle Chandler
- “A day without laughter is wasted.” Charlie Chaplin
- “It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.” Eugene Ionesco Decuvertes
- “Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy.” François de La Rochefoucauld
- “Life is a shipwreck, but don’t forget the lifeboats.” Voltaire
Despite the lightness of these statements, they have a deep meaning.
Top 6 motivational quotes for students
These quotes are used to show initiative, to be responsible, and to make the right choices in life. So motivational quotes for students are aimed precisely at landmarks for the future.
- “Procrastination makes easy tasks difficult and difficult tasks even more difficult.” Mason Cooley
- “Successful and unsuccessful people do not fundamentally differ in their abilities. They differ only in their desire to fulfill their potential.” John Maxwell
- “There are no shortcuts to a place worth going to.” Beverly Thresholds
- “Motivation helps you get started, and habit helps you move on.” Jim Ryun
- “The biggest weakness is giving up. The surest way to succeed is to try many times.” Thomas Edison
- “You are bolder than you think, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Alan Alexander Milne
A motivated student who carefully monitors information has a better life experience.
Top 11 motivational team quotes
Teams rule the world – it is always important to maintain a spirit, an idea, and a sense of community. Motivational quotes from popular people do a great job of this.
- “If you want to help yourself, help the other person first.” Booker T. Washington
- “When a group of people with similar interests comes together to achieve a common goal, tremendous power is unleashed.” Idowu Koenikan
- “Politeness is a vice for cooperation.” Edwin Land
- “It’s amazing how much you can achieve if you don’t care who gets the recognition.” Harry Truman
- “What happens if you give a procrastinator a brilliant idea? Absolutely nothing.” Donald Gardner
- “Collaboration is the belief that you cannot achieve your goal before everyone else has achieved it.” Virginia Burden
- “If you want to go fast, go yourself. If you want to go far, go with like-minded people.” African Proverb
- “Out-of-the-box solutions differentiate leaders from followers.” Steve Jobs
- “The more hands, the easier the job.” John Haywood
- “To strengthen your team, you need to treat other people’s strengths as an addition to your weakness.” Christine Kane
- “It takes two banks to build a bridge.” Friedrich Niall
For the team to always remember their overarching goal, a wise leader uses different methods of persuasion – including motivational quotes.
Top 6 motivational morning quotes
Start your day with the thought of filling with energy, inspiration, the desire to conquer the peaks and go toward your dreams. Then motivate yourself right after waking up by setting the mood for the whole day.
- “When you wake up in the morning, think about what a luxury it is to live, breathe, and feel.” Marcus Aurelius
- “Every morning, I read the newspaper, and if my obituary is not there, I get up and go to work.” Benjamin Franklin
- “Remember that your time is limited, so don’t waste it on someone else’s life.” Steve Jobs
- “Morning will come whether you set the alarm or not.” Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Your imagination is your picture of what the future benefits of your life will look like.” Albert Einstein
- “After losing just an hour in the morning, you’ll spend all day looking for it.” Richard Whateley
Morning sets the tone and pace for the day – don’t neglect to fill it with positive energy.
Motivational quotes from famous and great people are filled with deep wisdom and semantic accuracy. They are metaphorical – in the same statement, everyone will see something different. Something that resonates with his personality. It is worthwhile to trust your intuition from time to time and follow the wisdom reflected in clear and apt motivational quotes.