Many specialists in marketing on the Internet face the following question during their work routines:
- How can extensions for Google Chrome help specialists in online marketing?
- What extensions available for Google Chrome can boost sales on the Internet?
- Can I find a Google Chrome extension that will be handy and free?
- Is it worth using fee-based extensions supported by Google Chrome in online sales?
- Does Google Chrome provide extensions that can track other e-mails?
- Which extensions supported by Google Chrome can improve my writing skills?
- Which extensions available for Google Chrome can organize e-mails if there are too many of them?
- Can Google Chrome extensions help during the linkbuilding process?
- Which extensions designed for Google Chrome can be used for password management?
- Does Google Chrome have extensions that can find and organize the needed content in bulky documents?
We have tried to answer these and other questions and prepared a review of the most popular extensions that will come in handy for everybody who works with content or is in sales online.
To become successful in any sphere it is not enough to have knowledge and skills. One needs to have a toolbox for making work perfect and easier. Online marketing is not an exclusion. Specially developed tools allow focusing on the main goals, find better sales strategies, and develop one’s company.
As soon as Google Chrome was released (now it has the largest number of users), different plugins were developed for it. If to be more precise, they were designed for extending the browser features. They have been created for increasing the performance to the utmost and making the work as efficient as possible, so they have become an integral part of the work of an online marketing specialist.
There are a lot of such tools for Google Chrome, so it is worth finding out which ones would be handy in digital marketing. We decided to simplify this task and divide the useful plugins for increasing the performance into a few main groups.
Groups of extensions useful for marketing on the Internet
- Website analytics and SEO
- SMM and SMO
- Content marketing
- Influence marketing
- Other extensions for increasing efficiency
We do not mean that they will be 100% useful, but choosing the most suitable plugins allows saving time and making the work more efficient.
Why do you need Google Chrome plugins?
As it has been mentioned before, handy tools are required in any industry. Digital marketing specialists are very lucky to find a lot of suitable plugins in Google Chrome – SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, and some minor ones allow making most work routines easier. They can be not also integrated easily and provide additional functionality, but also make your work more efficient
By the way, it does not matter what sphere of online marketing you are working in (SEO, SMM, PR), you will still spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel without using additional plugins. It is not smart either to trust plugins only or not use them at all. Find a happy medium and the process will be as efficient as possible.
Gmass is a plugin that comes in handy when working with the e-mail. It includes almost all functions of premium tools. It is very easy to use. It is a powerful system of massive mailout (including Gmail). One click and up to 10,000 letters uwill be sent.
- Price – from $8.95 to $19.95 per month
- Average review – 4.9, response rate – 4 147
- Number of users – 118 850
Auto Text Expander
Google Chrome Auto Text Expander extension creates short-codes (mainly macros) for fast filling any text fields in the browser. Marketing specialists need to fill in contact forms without the need to with the putter around with the script. With this plugin you can fill in any form faster than in 10 seconds. This allows increasing the number of websites you contact during link-building campaigns.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4, response rate – 678
- Number of users – 203 825
Yesware is a great plugin for developing business relationships. It tracks, manages, and controls business letters. It works for Gmail. To start using the free plugin version subscribe to a fee-based partnership.
- Price – from $12 to $55 per month
- Average review – 4.1, response rate – 1 154
- Number of users – 138 865
Boomerang for Gmail
Another extension for simplifying the work with e-mails. It can be used for sending letters, tracking the replies, and better writing using AI. Also, this extension can set a later sending time even if you are offline so you can do your work beforehand. You can also track the letters you’ve been replied to and plan further work.
- Price – from the plugin free version (with the limited number per month) to the premium version for $49.99 per month with unlimited features
- Average review – 4, response rate – 1 773
- Number of users – 1 554 286
Gorgias Templates: Gmail templates
Gorgias Templates improves e-mail performance. It also has a pleasant bonus. To be more precise, this extension speeds up content making due to e-mail templates. A perfect extension for working with a lot of e-mails with a similar message.
- Price – from $50 to $625 per month
- Average review – 4.3, response rate – 373
- Number of users – 91 365
Add Email Signature – WiseStamp
Every marketing specialist knows that a beautiful signature plays a great role in creating a perfect e-mail. This can be achieved with Google Chrome WiseStamp. It gives the signatures a better look. This plugin also shares your social media profiles or status message.
- Price – $5.80 per month only
- Average review – 4, response rate – 1 862
- Number of users – 226 750
Clearbit Connect – Supercharge Gmail™
This plugins allows learning more about those who write you. It manages one of the fullest e-mail databases. This allows finding users, company owners, jobs, names, roles, etc. It is a very useful marketing plugin.
- Price – calculated individually depending on the project
- Average review – 4.4, response rate – 1 345
- Number of users – 158 788
Bitly | Unleash the power of the link
Anyone who deals with marketing on the Internet understands how links are important and knows they value. This plugin optimizes URLs and makes them better and more good-looking. This is important as:
- users enjoy beautiful and short links;
- search engines find, detect and systemize simple links better.
Bitly reduces, evaluates, and improves your links better.
- Price – a free extension or $29 per month
- Average review – 3.8, response rate – 2 160
- Number of users – 492 940
Google Analytics URL Builder
Not only compact links have a great role. Each small content bit should be also followed and analyzed. This plugin tags all links so that you can follow them, check them at once, improve them, etc. Besides this, this is 100% confidential as the extension does not collect your tag data or your impression activity.
- Price – free or for $29 per month
- Average review – 4.6, response rate – 99
- Number of users – 46 653
Save to Pocket
This plugin is for those who are thirsty for new facts or wish to get inspired on the Internet. It can be used for saving stories and other content instantly. You can return to it at any convenient time. Suitable both for a specialist in online marketing and for those who likes to learn something new.
- Price – there is a free extension and a premium version for $3 per month
- Average review – 4.3, response rate – 7 562
- Number of users –2 623 695
Similar Sites – Discover Related Websites
Similar Sites is another plugin that will be handy in online marketing. It is obvious that this tool recognizes all websites that resemble the pages visited by you. Save time on searching new websites and enjoy the fastest tool for finding similar resources. If you wish to find websites for business, SimilarSites extension gives advice for websites and more features for checking them out.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4.1, response rate – 292
- Number of users – 78 173
SEO Ahrefs toolbar
Ahrefs is one of the best SEO plugins on the market. Ahrefs Chrome plugin is similar to Mozbar but uses the Ahrefs database instead of Moz. Ahrefs has a much better database than Moz. The only drawback of this extension is that unlike Moz, the search results can not be exported.
- Price – from $99 to $999 (for an agency) per month, but there is a trial for $7 per week
- Average review – 3.7, response rate – 5 104
- Number of users – 52 423
It is an extension that allows co-scheduling social media posts, planning them, and integrating social media analytics. If you have a resource that relies on social traffic and you wish to make your work simpler, this plugin is for you. There is also a month of free trial for evaluating all the advantages of the extension.
- Price – from $19 to $599 per month, a month of free use
- Average review – 3.4, response rate – 1 337
- Number of users – 319 184
Feedly is a content aggregator. It has a toolbar for adding the channels of your favorite blogs. You can also classify blogs by content type. By default, Google Chrome Feedly displays the latest and unread articles so your channel is updated. Use Feedly for organizing all industry-specific blogs you like, searching new, and tracking all articles you have not read already.
- Price – from $6 to $18 per month
- Average review – 4.8, response rate – 73 330
- Number of users – 816 618
Email Hunter is an extension that tracks e-mails with one click. Open a website, click the button and you will see all e-mails found by the software. Besides this, you will see the sources of these e-mails so that you will be able to visit them (or quickly find the pages from where the e-mails have been sent) and make sure they are trustworthy. The cherry on the cake: in addition to viewing the website you have opened you can use APIs from other e-mail databases.
- Price – 50 free queries, then – $49-$399 per month
- Average review – 4.7, response rate – 11 973
- Number of users – 353 674
It is an informational plugin. Buzzstream is used for mailing, BuzzMarker – for searching. These extensions have the following functions:
- add websites, people and links to BuzzStream, make notes and find contact information without leaving the current website;
- view the history and relations of your team with key men and Web-publishers with one click;
- find and evaluate the features of direct publishing from the lists and search tools due to the function of selecting the markers so as the navigator.
Make your search faster and more efficient with this Google Chrome extension.
- Price – from $24 per month
- Average review – 4.2, response rate – 24
- Number of users – 12 299
It is the simplest way to share content with your audience during website daily tracking. This organizer plans the publications at a certain time and tracks the analytics for finding out what posts had the best performance. The extension will come in handy for SMM specialists.
- Price – from $15 to $99 per month (a free trial also)
- Average review – 4.7, response rate – 3 144
- Number of users – 375 596
It is a Firefox plugin, but now Google Chrome also supports it. This extension chooses the color of the web-page and gives its numberfor using it later. After this, it saves the hexacodes that can be used in the design or content. Get a colorful image from any part of your browser, configure it quickly and insert it into Photoshop, GoogleDraw, or any other tool for drawing or design.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4.4, response rate – 2 629
- Number of users – 2 052 364
It shares files, images, and links on any platform. You can send a link to the smartphone by clicking it with the right mouse button on your PC and send the files to the phone using a wireless connection. Due to this extension, it is much easier to receive and write messages in various messengers or share any links or files.
- Price – free and PRO for $4.99 (monthly) (or $3.33 annually)
- Average review – 4.5, response rate – 5 230
- Number of users – 1 007 183
Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker
Every specialist who deals with marketing on the Internet is familiar with tracking. Follow other companies and find out who follows you. This extension allows us to see the invisible side, showing trackers, pixels, errors, and beacons placed on the pages by the companies. You can find out who tracks your page on Facebook or Google.
- Price – free or $49 (monthly)
- Average review – 4.6, response rate – 13 241
- Number of users – 2 625 456
LastPass: free password manager
Digital technologies and marketing requires using tens of passwords. In your business, you may use even more. This plugin heard all your calls: now you need to remember your main password as the plugin will save all your passwords for safe access on any device. The free tool simplifies the process.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4.5, response rate – 29 027
- Number of users – 10 000 000+
A great plugin especially if you have a long-standing social media audience. This extension allows placing your calls to action over the content of other people. E.g., you can share a thrilling and popular fragment of Facebook content. If users interact with it, they will also see your request to subscribe to your mailout list. It is a really great way to share wonderful content from incredible external sources with your audience.
- Price – from $29 to $299 (corporate) (monthly)
- Average review – 4.8, response rate – 36
- Number of users – 18 581
An extension that deals with income messages of any marketing, sales or business specialist. It supports Gmail, Outlook, Apple and Salesforce accounts for organizing e-mails in the future, tracking who opens and clicks your e-mails and headers of your recipients, company social profiles, and the latest tweets. The extension is recommended for increasing e-mail performance, managing groups or a network, and making transactions with the sales kings.
- Price – there is a free version
- Average review – 4.5, response rate – 8 597
- Number of users – 656 161
Google Chrome Seoquake plugin shows various SEO ranking factors for Web-pages. It shows nofollow links, evaluates the density of the text, and compares URLs. Perfect for getting rid of poor SEO.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4.6, response rate – 2 484
- Number of users – 588 551
For improving marketing performance you have to be able to organize articles that you need to read or your notes. Evernote plugin allows working remotely, making notes, saving Web-articles, or photos in one organized space. This great extension for managing resources and sharing them with communities that can be accessed from any gadget.
- Price – a free trial period
- Average review – 4.4, response rate – 12 045
- Number of users – 3 102 400
This extension is intended for editing and improving your writing without losing time and effort. It checks the text automatically including grammar, spelling, and other common problems. This extension gives advice on what can be changed and you decide whether to accept or not .
- Price – free or premium version (from $12 monthly)
- Average review – 4.6, response rate – 37 905
- Number of users – 10 000 000+
This Google Chrome extension allows finding the best hashtags when typing a text using markers of quality in real-time mode. It finds the best and the most popular hashtags for improving social media coverage. It is a very useful extension for a digital marketing specialist.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4, response rate – 11
- Number of users – 6 836
BuzzSumo extension is another tool necessary for every marketing specialist. The website itself provides details about how the content works for a certain topic or industry and the Google Chrome extension allows doing this with a few clicks. You can get information on any page you visit. This allows targeting your content strategy in a real-time mode without any problems.
- Price – from $99 per month ($79, if to pay for a year)
- Average review – 4.3, response rate – 24
- Number of users – 22 877
LinkClump extension will open many links quickly when you are trying to make a small research. This means fewer clicks between pages or tabs and more time for reading your content. Such a plugin allows saving time and this is very important for a digital marketing specialist.
- Price – free
- Average review – 4.6, response rate – 3 663
- Number of users – 251 386
LINER extension is a Web highlight that allows distinguishing, saving, and organizing content online. It allows filtering noise and focusing on key links. Sometimes you have to find one sentence on 100 pages and this Google Chrome extension allows finding it.
- Price – free
- Average review – 3.8, response rate – 438
- Number of users – 65 503