Top FAQs About SEO Consultants
Above, I’ve provided you with the list of TOP SEO Consultants. When forming it, I communicated with the SEO experts
and identified the questions that are most frequently asked by their clients.
What Is An SEO Marketing Consultant?
In short, an SEO marketing consultant is the one you need to effectively grow your business. Such experts organically
increase website visibility promoting it to the top of SERPs and thus boosting traffic and conversions.
SEO consulting involves everything related to search engine optimization - from keyword search and link building to
redesigning a website architecture. A good SEO marketing consultant is well-versed in both on-page and off-page SEO.
They know for sure how search engine algorithms work. Based on this, the experts provide you with recommendations
for improving existing content so that your website gets ranked higher.
An SEO consultant masterfully implements such SEO tools you may have never heard of. They take care of all the SEO
technical issues and largely contribute to the success of your marketing strategy.
What Do SEO Consulting Companies Do Exactly?
When you apply to the experts from SEO consulting companies, the first thing they do is audit your website. After identifying the gaps in your strategy, they offer organic ways to optimize your content and tailor an SEO campaign specifically to the needs of your business.
In particular, SEO consulting involves:
- Website auditing
- Keyword research
- Target audience research
- Competitor analysis
- Web development insights
- SEO tools usage
- Internal link & backlink building
- Internet marketing strategies
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Local SEO
- Marketing strategies
- SEO copywriting
- Natural language processing
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
The list is not finite. SEO consulting companies decide on the necessary SEO boosting steps based on your specific business needs. So start with auditing and see what your website lacks, according to the search engines.
Should I hire a Local SEO Consultant or a Search Marketing Agency?
To decide whether you need a consultant or an agency, consider two important factors.
- First, mind your budget. If it’s limited, you’re more likely to hire an SEO consultant, a freelancer, and pay them per hour worked on your project. The SEO consulting services of most search marketing agencies are more expensive. However, they grant a more profound approach.
- So, secondly, mind your business needs. You may come across a freelancer consultant who either has deep knowledge of a certain aspect of search engine optimization or the one who knows everything but only superficially. In contrast, working with an SEO consulting agency, you deal with a whole team of experts. Each of them is responsible for the aspect they have strong expertise in. Each member of the team does their part of the job, and then they offer you a complex SEO solution.
It is up to you to decide who, a concrete SEO consultant or a search marketing agency, is more likely to fulfill the
SEO needs of your business without going out of your budget.
How to choose an SEO consultant?
To choose the right SEO consultant, be determined and inquisitive during the interview. Do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you need to understand that this candidate is the one you need. Make sure your questions to the prospective SEO consultant are relevant.
- Discuss the deadline, create a timeline of your project development and point out the milestones.
- Go into detail about the terms and conditions of your perspective cooperation, including the option to terminate cooperation.
- Learn about their payment options and the fees of their SEO services.
- Feel free to ask to introduce the whole team to you if you are going to cooperate with a search marketing agency.
- And, finally, to assess their performance level, study and analyze their cases and make reference calls to get feedback from the consultant’s clients.
This info should be enough for you to make the decision. In short, ask the consultant concrete questions to get
How Much Do SEO Consulting Services Cost?
The issue of SEO pricing is dependent on a number of factors, such as the experience of the agency/contractor/consultant, their location, the size of your business and its goals, the strength of your current strategy, and the scale of the new SEO strategy, pricing models, etc. With regard to everything mentioned, you can expect to pay somewhat between $400-$30,000 for SEO services.
Evidently, the more experienced the SEO consultant/contractor/agency is, the higher cost you’ll pay for their
services. Plus, the bigger your business is, the higher the cost an SEO consultant will charge you.
What questions should I ask an SEO Consultant?
Your future business success depends on the quality of your SEO strategy. So be careful in choosing the right SEO consultant. Ask everything you are interested in but make sure you get the answers to the following questions:
- Has the SEO consultant had a relevant experience in your industry?
- What is the first thing he/she is going to do when you start running the project?
- Which SEO tools does the consultant implement?
- How will reporting be held?
- How will you manage to assess the success of the SEO services provided?
- How do they keep up-to-date with the constant changes in the work of search engine algorithms?
- Does the SEO consultant need administrative rights to your site? What for exactly, if yes?
This is a list of general questions to ask your prospective SEO consultant. Of course, you can add up to it by specific issues that matter to your business.