An email marketing campaign, run competently, gives an online store many advantages in working with clients. You can use it as a tool for effective marketing communication and holding an audience and generating repeated sales and motivation for taking necessary conversion actions. Mass email marketing for online stores is a key tool in the field of e-commerce. Its effectiveness is hard to overestimate. When registering on a website and making an order, a client has to type his email address. Statistically, bulk mail helps online stores make around 7% of all deals. It’s quite a big number, so there is no doubt this tool will be relevant for a long time.
But let’s mention that emailing can be different. It can be both an irreplaceable assistant for business on its way to success and a waste of time and effort. Effective mass mailing for an online store is most often achieved by the method of tries. It fails by numerous testings and constant work on improving the quality of communications with a consumer audience.
In this article, we will go through ways and methods to make the most effective email marketing campaign for online stores. You’ll get to know how to avoid widespread mistakes made by many of those who use unsuccessful and trivial templates of bulk mail. As a result of our recommendations, you’ll be able to create a competent marketing campaign using hyperlinks.
Although there appeared a lot of other tools and channels of working with customers in recent years, according to specialists’ research, mass email marketing isn’t losing its popularity, still being a highly efficient way of work. With a proper segmentation setting, a bulk email is a reliable option for an online store since you send emails to the target audience that finds information interesting and useful.
ADVICE REGARDING HOW TO CONDUCT EMAILING
Effective mass emailing may happen to be such a kind of task, which is hard to do in one day or even one month, so be patient. But if it’s done properly, it brings its results. And it would help if you understood that the main goal is to slightly push a client to make a purchase either immediately or in the future. You’re not running an entertaining magazine and not planning to add more friends. Goals are different, and they should help businesses develop.
First and foremost, it’s necessary to understand that a user needs to be motivated to subscribe to emails. Emailing should make him act. Usually, it is an offer to notify a client about new items in stock, promotions, discounts, and a possibility of receiving exclusive offers, available only for subscribers. This way, you get an audience eager to take any action.
The process of making a quality email marketing campaign for an online store can be divided into five main stages:
- Determining goals necessary to achieve by means of the mail marketing campaign. It can be the promotion of certain goods, encourage loyalty, other motives.
- A strategy of running an email campaign is developed according to the chosen goals. This is when you determine the style of emails (serious, entertaining, etc.), how emails will be designed, whether they will be segmented and personalized.
- Making email marketing plan. The regularity of sending emails is determined. The optimal case is 1-2 emails per week. If you do it not this often, the effect of email marketing decreases, and if you do it too often, it may be annoying for subscribers, and they will unsubscribe. As for the days when you need to send emails, let’s have a look at the results of one of researches on this topic:
Weekdays will be in priority since they read emails a lot more rarely on weekends. Nevertheless, it can be quite the opposite for some subjects, so the only accurate answer you can by running tests.
- Check whether emails are sent properly. Mistakes get eliminated if found. It isn’t easy to make everything work ideally at once. So, before sending bulk emails, check whether everything works properly. Send emails to a test email address list and see how the content is shown on different devices.
- Analytics and tests of experiments. Subject lines of emails and internal links, content sorted by blocks, and the general design of email influence how often the links are clicked and how many users proceed to the website.
For an unprepared person, the steps described are hardly understood and clear, and getting into it takes a while. So, it’s better to assign this task to professionals who will ensure quality results so that you can take care of other business processes personally.
HOW TO MAKE AN EMAIL CAMPAIGN WORK FOR THE GOOD OF BUSINESS?
A marketer’s nightmare is that 99.9% of letters from online store mass mailing are deleted without even being opened. What can be possibly done not to let that come true?
- Those, who don’t pay enough attention to quality copywriting, can hardly count on customers’ loyalty.
- A subject line is crucial. Make up multiple subject lines and choose the best ones.
- Conciseness. A few sentences and a picture that makes to take action: sometimes this is enough for email marketing to bring the expected result.
- Hours of sending emails. Send emails when clients are the most active. Analyze subscribers’ habits and interests.
- What kind of advertising emails do you delete without even opening them? Have a look at the folder of deleted emails, go through them, and tell yourself why they got there.
- Avoid phrases that trigger spam filters. Spam commonly contains phrases like: “Only today,” “For free,” “Help,” “Order now.” Mind that emails that go to spam most probably will never be read.
WHAT TYPES OF EMAILS CAN THERE BE?
We can highlight a few main types of emails, based on which marketing communication campaign is built:
- transactional emails. They are set up automatically and sent to a user as a respond to his certain actions, for example, registration or making an order;
- announcements. Emails that announce a certain event or news, for example, announcements about promotions or new about near coming sales;
- informational emails. As you might guess, such mail contains information that might be useful and interesting for a user. Relevant and useful content grows clients’ loyalty to online store;
- mail advertising. The main goal for sending such an email is to make sales grow in general or for a certain category of goods.
Experiment and a change email tactics, if needed: effectiveness of mass email depends on you.
It’s always hard to begin, but even if mail targets only a dozen subscribers, you can be sure that sales will increase as their database grows.