Before we start – make sure you subscribe to our channel and don’t miss new videos.
Performing an SEO analysis of your website gives you deep insights into the areas that may need some improvement. Performing an SEO analysis regularly is important as the industry keeps evolving quickly. And it will help you stay ahead of your competition.
When we are talking about e-commerce websites – complex websites with many pages – we need to know where to start and what pages need to be analyzed because we cannot analyze each of the thousands of pages on the website.
- So first is the home page. This is the face of your website. This page should clearly explain your main offer, and from an SEO perspective, it will mostly rand for the brand keyword or very general niche keyword like Women’s Clothing online store or LA Dental Clinic
- Next are category pages. They are great for SEO. These pages can serve as landing pages when users search for keywords or phrases relevant to the topic. It provides natural traffic and helps to attract targeted traffic, so this page is the number 1 priority.
- Second – articles. Content is extremely important for SEO. Without it, search engines won’t have enough information to index your pages correctly and help you rank. Articles are great lead magnets that give valuable information before the purchase: e.g., how to choose the kitchen furniture, fashion trends for 2022, top 15 hotels in Rome, etc.
- And third (sometimes) – product listing pages but only if they contain a famous brand/model name. Products with no name very rarely show up in the search results. However, if those are some popular products, they can also bring you traffic, so make sure those pages are optimized as well.
When we are talking about websites that sell some services or products, where we don’t have broad categories and many listings, the pages we need to analyze are:
- Services/products landing pages. Having service pages on your website ensures that you have better placement when a customer does a local search for the services you offer.
- And blog. As mentioned before, SEO content improves your visibility on search engines which drives traffic to your website and encourages people to purchase your products/services.
Other pages are not that important and needed, so we can close them from indexing by using robots.txt
Go to SEO Checker – SEO settings – Robots.txt. Here we see what pages are allowed and disallowed to index. Also, on the right, we see the Page URLs that were scanned, and we can add them to “Disallow” if needed.
That’s it for now. Hope this information was helpful and valuable.
Subscribe to learn more and have a great one!