Investing money and time in courses is not only beneficial but sometimes necessary. Search engines do not fundamentally change the rules, but an SEO optimizer needs to replenish his knowledge base to remain in demand. A great option is SEO courses and certified educational programs in search engine optimization.
Tips for choosing an SEO course
SEO courses are free and paid. Free ones usually contain general information about search engine optimization. They are perfect for beginners. Paid courses have detailed and valuable content – information that cannot be obtained on the Internet for free.
The authors of paid courses try to include SEO professionals’ best tips and tricks in the material. By investing in a paid course, you get better knowledge. In addition, upon completion of such a course, students are issued a certificate. He will confirm that he has specialized SEO knowledge when looking for a job.
Want to save money? You can get started with a free SEO basics course. A few practical tips before choosing a training program:
- Check out the course author. What is his SEO experience? Where did he work and work? What was the success of the company? To make this easier, we’ve added LinkedIn links to course authors in the article.
- Focus on the reputation of the course developer.
- Choose “fresh” courses. Search algorithms are constantly changing. By signing up today for a course released a year ago, you run the risk of getting irrelevant information.
Below are the best paid and free SEO courses.
Best 10 Paid SEO Courses
There are hundreds of paid SEO courses on the Internet, but not all of them are equally useful. You can find verified paid programs at udemy.com. Here are tutorials from authors such as Alex Genadinik, Robert Kanaat, Paolo Caviezel, and other SEO professionals. Most authors have over ten years of SEO experience. They are the owners or employees of well-known companies working in the field of website promotion.
It is also an advantage of the udemy.com platform – if you do not like the course, you can get your money back within 30 days from the date of purchase. Next – about the most popular SEO courses.
From the course, you will understand:
- How to increase the ranking of a site in the search engine results.
- Is it worth doing SEO-website promotion yourself?
- Which team of specialists is better to work with?
The course is for SEOs, web developers, business people, web marketers, website owners.
Author: Peter Kent – Publisher of dozens of books on the Internet and SEO. He worked with Amazon, Avvo, Zillow, and other large companies.
Feedback on the course is positive. Tushar Patel: “Peter offers simple yet powerful ideas.” Jason Cameron: “Now I know everything to do SEO.”
Duration of 158 lectures – 7 hours 58 minutes.
Cost: $ 94.99.
What you can learn:
- Attract hundreds of new visitors to your website using SEO.
- Avoid common mistakes while working on website promotion.
- Help clients to promote sites to the TOP.
Suitable for SEO-optimizers, online store owners, web designers, and freelancers.
Posted by Daragh Walsh, an Irish author of training materials in the SEO niche. More than a million people have completed the courses.
The positive responses are numerous and emotional. Stuart Lawton: “I liked the material very much! The lectures are well structured and delivered at a relaxed pace. This makes it easy to assimilate the information. Lots of good advice on using free services for promotion.” Moinak Banerjee: “The course allows you to understand SEO quickly.”
Duration of 36 lectures – 2 hours 35 minutes.
Course attendees will learn:
- How to find keywords for a local business website.
- How to get quality backlinks.
- How to promote a site at the regional level.
Designed for local business owners and SEO-optimizers working with sites for specific regions.
The course participants recommend its effectiveness. Jelena Ristic: “Christine explains everything very cool. Sometimes I revise this course.” Orion Antoine: “The course is good. Allows you to create your promotion strategy. Focused on the US market. ”
Duration of 119 lectures – 6 hours 52 minutes.
By taking this course, you will know how to:
- Promote your site in Google search.
- Create an effective SEO strategy.
- Save money by promoting your website.
Suitable for web developers, entrepreneurs, bloggers, and SEO marketers.
Reviews say more about the course than the ads. Sobhana kar: “Very easy to understand course. Many thanks!” Mansi Bisht: “The course is good; some information is repeated. This is generally a good start in SEO. ”
Duration of 284 lectures – 19 hours 15 minutes.
The course authors offer practical information:
- How to get your site to the front page of Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- How to significantly increase website traffic and sales.
- Is it possible to audit a site in 5 minutes?
Perfect for WordPress site owners.
Reviews are laconic. Neil Cabreira: “Very informative yet easy to learn.” Marianne Dimaculangan: “I’ve learned a lot.”
Duration of 100 lectures – 9 hours 44 minutes.
What you can find out:
- Top Google Search – How It Works.
- What strategies can you use to promote your site?
- How to increase audience engagement.
The course is suitable for Internet marketers, web designers, and website developers.
Authors: Phil Ebiner – designer, video editor, and marketer. Ryan Breitkreutz is a professional photographer. Known as the creators of Video School, an online school that trains videographers, designers, and photographers.
The responses of those who completed the course set up a positive perception of the training class. Sakshi Gaikwad: “The course is worth the money invested. The main benefit was from the practical assignments.” Neha: “A lot of useful information. Thanks!”
Duration of 39 lectures – 4 hours 35 minutes.
Cost: $ 89.99.
Features of the course:
- Exploring 50+ Search Engine Optimization Factors.
- How to Achieve # 1 in Google Ranking for a WordPress Site.
- Website optimization technique to attract organic traffic.
Designed for web admins, business owners, SEO specialists.
Created by Arun Nagarathanam is an online trainer and expert in WordPress and SEO.
Testimonials of specialists after completing the course are convincing. Samrat Gharami: “It can be seen that the author worked hard to create the course. The material explains easily and clearly.” José Ache Mazzei: “For me, the information in the course was comprehensive. But I would like the author to explain the graphs in more detail.”
Duration of 128 lectures – 10 hours 2 minutes.
Cost: $ 114.99.
What can you learn from this course:
- YouTube: How You Can Use This Channel.
- What affects the position of the site in the Google SERP.
- How to use search engine optimization tools.
Author: Dr. Anastasia Makratzi is a medical practitioner and website owner who shared her SEO experience.
First of all, the course is intended for beginners.
The reviews are few, but they are sincere. Nectaria: “Very good ideas!”
Duration of 16 lectures – 1 hour 26 minutes.
Cost: $ 89.99.
The course details:
- How search engines work.
- How to use keywords effectively.
- How to create the right content for website promotion.
Designed for beginner SEOs.
Created by New Horizon e-Learning Solutions – Online e-learning school.
Several typical reviews. Shannon Aldridge: “A deep yet easy-to-understand course. Recommend!”. Ludmilla Duarte Santana e Souza: “Explains very clearly.”
Duration of 70 lectures – 3 hours 3 minutes.
Cost: $ 89.99.
What you can learn:
- Distinguish between working SEO tactics and non-working ones.
- Apply social networks to search engine site promotion.
- Build backlinks correctly.
The course is suitable for SEO beginners, internet marketers, junior search engine optimization specialists.
Reviews. Michael Ogolor: “I have benefited tremendously from the material. Thanks!”. Agnieszka Sobczyńska: “In some places, not the latest, but still relevant and useful information!”
Duration of 71 lectures – 9 hours 7 minutes.
Cost: $ 12.99.
Best 10 Free SEO Courses
On a specialized course, the study:
- Development of a website promotion strategy.
- Content Optimization Basics.
Designed for beginners.
Created by Rand Fishkin – Former co-founder of Moz and Inbound.org, founder of SparkToro.
Read reviews before submitting your application. Liz Creates: “Great course. Far exceeded my expectations.” Jasmine Stewart: “Fantastic course! But the information in it may be a little outdated.”
Duration of 12 lectures – 1 hour 30 minutes.
The course covers:
- Search tools for relevant keywords.
- Link building.
- SEO content creation.
Aimed at novice optimizers.
The reviews are positive. SJ Sayegh: “In my opinion, the course is more suitable for small online stores.” AK: “Good enough training. Lots of useful tips.”
Duration of 8 lectures – 38 minutes.
Advanced SEO course. Here you are taught:
- Competently create internal links.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of backlinks.
Designed for beginner SEO professionals.
Posted by David Booth – Co-Founder and Chief Commercial Officer of Cardinal Path.
There are no reviews of the course yet – you may be the first to share your impressions.
Duration of 40 lectures – 2 hours 57 minutes.
The course covers:
- Methods for increasing the position of the site in the search results.
- Tips for using the Yoast SEO plugin for a WordPress site.
Originally intended for WordPress site owners planning to do search engine optimization.
Posted by Yoast, a company that has developed its SEO plugin for WordPress sites.
Feedback confirms the purpose of the course. Jack Bleiler: “The course emphasizes the importance of quality content for getting a site to the TOP. I recommend this course to novice optimizers.” Lynn Tall: “The course helped me a lot better in understanding SEO and how Google works.”
Duration – 2 hours.
A basic course in the study of SEO.
- What is an SEO promotion strategy?
- How to analyze traffic using special tools.
Designed for everyone who wants to understand SEO.
Posted by Moz, a software company for Internet marketers.
There are not many reviews, but they are very specific. Sudarsan M: “Great for those already in the know. For those who don’t understand SEO at all, the course will be difficult. ”
Duration of 18 lectures – 3 hours 25 minutes.
After completing the course, you will learn:
- Creation of large-scale backlinks to the site.
- Working with keywords.
Designed for marketers, content creators, and SEO beginners.
Posted by Hubspot, an American software developer for marketers.
There are no reviews for the course.
Duration of 6 lectures – 2 hours 21 minutes.
The course considers:
- Eliminate HTTPS issues.
- Optimize content creation.
- Site analysis.
- Working with authoring tools in Semrush SEO.
Designed for SEO-optimizers.
Posted by Semrush, a search engine optimization company.
There are no reviews for the course but the credibility of the company speaks for itself.
Duration of 7 lectures – 1 hour.
The training class includes five complete SEO courses. It is extensive as a study topic and designed for SEO-optimizers.
The reviews are impressive and motivating. We remind you that the course is free. MY Partner: “Awesome material that provides in-depth SEO insight.” SP partner: “Good course. But it would be even better if the instructor provided free SEO tools. ”
Class duration – 122 hours.
In the course they study:
- Development of SEO strategies.
- Optimization of site pages.
Beginner optimizers will like it.
There are no reviews for the course.
Duration of 6 lectures – 1 hour.
The course covers:
- Link building strategies.
- Optimization of the mobile version of the site.
Designed for SEOs with hands-on experience.
Posted by Rand Fishkin – SparkToro’s founder and CEO.
What is the feedback from the training lectures? Beckett O.: “Good course. I think the knowledge gained will help raise the rating of my site.” Sandra Thomas: “A really good course.”
Duration of 11 lectures – 1 hour 9 minutes.
Novice SEOs often have a dilemma: whether to choose a paid or a free course. Investing in paid courses makes sense for those who want to do SEO professionally. If you are still undecided about whether you want to tie your life to search engine optimization, you can start your acquaintance with SEO by using free courses.
Experienced SEOs don’t ask such questions. They understand that no one will simply share exclusive information for free. You have to pay for a quality product, however, such an investment always pays off.