Ecommerce is widely popular nowadays, and its amount is approximately 10% of total retail sales. Millions of orders every year and the worldwide popularity of the niche make the industry grow exponentially. The extremely high competitiveness makes website owners implement unique and innovative features to become suitable for modern users. Therefore, WordPress eCommerce plugins are the preferable instruments for creating highly efficient platforms.
Ecommerce plugins for WordPress are multifunctional extensions that provide additional opportunities for site optimization and establish integration with other platforms. The developers usually choose specific ones depending on the company’s specificity and consider the following aspects:
- Niche. Determine the type of services the platform will provide and select the plugin with the required functions.
- Supported CMS version. Some extensions are compatible only with the latest WordPress version, so check it for updates.
- Impact on page speed. The plugins usually decrease the loading time of web pages, and it’s necessary to understand if their influence is not significant.
- Reviews. Study the users’ feedback on working with extensions and analyze all objective pros and cons.
- Price. If the development budget has strict limitations, it’s obligatory to choose instruments with an affordable cost.
- Several installations. If users value the tool, it’ll be confirmed by many downloads.
- Reliability. The site’s security is essential, so the plugin must ensure its website hack protection and proper data storage (check it for an SSL certificate).
- Support. Customer services are obligatory to solve performance inconveniences instantly.
There are both paid and free eCommerce WordPress plugins, and each helps endow shopping platforms with various essential functions. So, let’s discover standard and additional tools popular in 2022 and understand their peculiarities.
4 Top WordPress Ecommerce Plugins
Each listed tool was used for building many world-famous sites such as Root Science, Porter & York, IKEA, and others. The plugins below are indispensable for creating modern platforms and significantly improve the platforms’ structure and functionality.
Blair Williams founded a famous WordPress eCommerce plugin and established a company in Cedar City, Utah. The instrument integrates with other services such as Elementor, Stripe, Zapier, and PayPal, proving its crucial role in building websites. The primary services allow distinct possibilities:
- Automated mailing to inform customers.
- Membership gifting.
- Various payment gateways.
The price for different service packages is $179-399 per year. Chris Lema, Membership Academy, Isitwp, Bluehost, and others used the plugin for getting efficient functions.
It’s an open-source solution created by Mark Forrester, Magnus Jepson, and Adi Pienaar in San Francisco, California. Nowadays, it has 5+ million installations and more than 3,000 positive reviews. The platform includes various extensions with custom themes and functions for eCommerce websites:
- Store page enhancements.
- Fulfillment and dropshipping.
- Upsells and cross-sells.
There are free and paid extensions (up to $299); the most popular are Bookings, Subscriptions, AutomateWoo, Min/Max Quantities, and others.
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)
Pippin Williamson founded a famous eCommerce plugin for WordPress and a company with a headquarters in Hutchinson, Kansas. The plugin provides over 100 extra functions for the marketing platform and integrates with AffiliateWP, AWeber, Slack, and Dropbox. The most widely used features are:
- Payment flexibility.
- Complete customer management.
- Unlimited file downloads.
- Secure data protection.
- Discount codes.
Authoritative companies such as Spybot, WPforms, ProBlogger, and others trust the EDD and consider it an efficient solution. The price list includes several offers from $99.50 to $499.50 per year.
Brent Bellm, Eddie Machaalani, and Mitchell Harper founded a company in Austin, Texas. The WordPress eCommerce plugin is efficient for expanding businesses globally and locally. The agency has 2,800 technology partners in more than 150 countries. The crucial product features are:
- Page visual editor.
- Digital wallets.
- Technical account management.
Such organizations as Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Black Diamond, Bliss, and Burrow use the services of BigCommerce. The pricing for the plugin depends on the platform’s size and required functionality.
15 Additional WordPress Ecommerce Plugins
Here, you can find other essential tools for improving online sales websites and endowing them with particular functions. Each instrument is unique and can be used at different website development stages.
Syed Balkhi is the indispensable leader of the company in West Palm Beach, Florida. The founder started with free development platforms – OptinMonster and WPBeginner. And nowadays, MonsterInsights is a powerful eCommerce plugin for WordPress, perfectly integrated with Google AdSense, WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, etc. Its functions include:
- Form conversion tracking.
- EU compliance (GDPR).
- Search console report.
- Behavior and custom dimensions report.
Webgains, DesignToFade, Parts Warehouse, Gale, Yanko Design, and other brands successfully use the plugin. The annual rates for several feature sets are $99.50-399.50.
Cart Recovery for WordPress
- Gathering the clients’ data during the order.
- Sending cart recovery emails.
- Tracking cases of people stopping purchase after adding product to the cart.
- Generating discount codes.
The agency established partnerships with HelpDigital, Siroop, and Pay With Ether to help customers implement essential functions.
Josh Kohlbach, an Australian entrepreneur, founded the plugin that beautifully integrates with WooCommerce, Metorik, Advanced Coupons, Aelia Currency Switcher, etc. Its fantastic ordering experience, recruiting, and setting price opportunities are why millions of websites worldwide use it. The following functions become possible with the plugin:
- Shipping & payments.
- Specific ordering form.
- Product visibility.
Jared Atchison and Syed Balkhi are the founders of a famous plugin. It provides multiple custom online forms for website development and doesn’t require proficient programming knowledge. More than 5 million customers installed it to acquire the unique form templates for:
Its Drag & Drop Form Builder, PayPal, Stripe Addons, and mobile-friendly structure are why global organizations download the tool. However, the price for four different instrumentary packages is different – from $39.50 to $299.50.
A WordPress plugin for eCommerce is a must-have if implementing social media promotion founded by Dustin W. Stout. Its functionality is based on placing buttons for sharing in one of the following networks:
- Hacker news.
It allows the button to be placed under or above the content. The plugin’s implementation increases the number of website visits, potentially improving the conversion rate and sales.
- Action messages.
- Analytics and conversion notifications.
- Popular visitor activity.
The eCommerce plugin for WordPress perfectly works on popular platforms such as PrestaShop, Drupal, Magento, Weebly, Blogger, and others. Its cost is from $5 to $39 per month.
Mailchimp for WooCommerce
Ben Chestnut is a founder of an efficient instrument with an excellent WooCommerce integration installed 700,000+ times. It gives the developers the following possibilities:
- Sync to the audience with purchase data.
- Set up marketing automation.
- Track and segment customers considering the purchase history.
- Install a pop-up form converting visitors to subscribers.
It’s a free plugin downloaded by world-famous firms that improved their online performance with its help.
WooCommerce PayPal Payments
It’s the latest payment solution that allows expanding the activities by connection to 370m+ active PayPal accounts. The installers acquire the possibilities to:
- Sell in multiple markets using all possible currencies.
- Introduce country-specific payment methods.
The WordPress free eCommerce plugin was installed 400,000+ times, which proves its efficiency and relevance.
TI WooCommerce Wishlist
It was built by TemplateInvaders to provide efficient features to more than 100,000 users:
- Adding the wishlist button to product pages and catalogs.
- Shortcode and predefined icons for the button.
- Redirection to a wishlist page.
LifeQuality, Marand Gold, and other authoritative companies prefer using the tool to improve the user experience and satisfy the clients’ needs.
- Pre-built search results display.
- Search by title, long and short description.
- Grouping SERP results.
Ordine Design, Crocodile Baby Store, AC Distributors, and NN Hair & Beauty are those who permanently use the free plugin.
The official extension was founded by an American shipping company created by Larry Hillblom, Robert Lynn, and Adrian Dalsey. It allows the customers:
- Deliver orders by Warenpost International.
- Multiple shipping options (visual check of age-available with API).
- Bulk Label creation.
The tool provides retail activities worldwide with a unique and well-elaborated shipping system.
Flexible Checkout Fields
- Labels and placeholders.
- Showing or hiding fields.
- Required or optional fields.
- Custom CSS class.
There are free (Phone, Checkbox, URL, Headline, HTML) and paid (Select, Date, Time) fields for WooCommerce checkout.
Multilingual & Multicurrency with WPML
It was created by Amir Helzer, CEO of an OnTheGoSystems IT consulting company in Hong Kong. The plugin’s functionality is the following:
- Translating products, reviews, URLs, and endpoints with Google Translate, Microsoft, and DeepL.
- Using the same language during the user’s purchase.
- Sending the messages to admins and clients considering the language of their country.
The automatic translation management makes the free eCommerce WordPress plugin one of the most efficient for the CMS.
The company that created the plugin has the primary values, such as commitment to customers, ownership, and constant improvement, that engage clients worldwide. The core features of the instrument are:
- Product input fields.
- PDF invoicing and packing slips.
- Button and price labels.
The plugin is trusted by 100,000+ websites and has over 400 5-star reviews on WordPress.
Import Products from any XML or CSV
One of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins was founded by Louis Reingold, CEO of Soflyy. The instrument has the following features:
- In-depth support for variable products.
- Import external/affiliate products.
- Execution of custom PHP functions.
- Import XML to WooCommerce.
A large number of installations and more than 200 positive reviews confirm the high efficiency of the tool.
To Sum Up
Overall, WordPress eCommerce plugins help efficiently develop modern online stores and improve their functionality. In addition, free and paid tools provide particular opportunities and help web developers create excellent websites to become true market leaders.