Are you looking for alternatives because you’re sick of using Google Analytics on your website? Look nowhere else! We list the top 20 Google Analytics alternatives in this article to assist you in monitoring the performance of your website. These analytics tools have you covered for evaluating website traffic, creating goals, SEO, and analyzing user behavior. You’ll find the ideal tool for your website analytics needs whether you’re a small business owner, a digital marketer, or an online shop. Explore the world of website analytics now to see what awaits you!
Why Use an Alternative to Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a well-liked tool for monitoring user behavior and website traffic. Other choices are nevertheless available. Many consumers seek Google Analytics alternatives as privacy and data regulation issues become more and more of a worry.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which mandates that businesses protect the personal data of EU individuals, is one cause for looking for an alternative. Unfortunately, a Google tool called Google Analytics has access to a lot of customer data that might need to be GDPR compliant.
Google Analytics data sampling, which can result in errors in the analysis of huge datasets, is another area for development. But once more, a good substitute will provide precise results without sampling.
The premium version of Google Analytics, known as 360, has more features and data available but is also more expensive. In contrast, GA4, Google’s most recent analytics product, emphasizes privacy but may only partially allay certain consumers’ privacy worries.
Searching for a Google Analytics replacement that offers precise statistics without compromising privacy and data regulation is crucial. Users who want to make informed decisions based on their data will benefit most from an option that provides a transparent approach to data collecting and processing without any subtle nuances.
10 Best Google Analytics Alternatives
Here, I have collected popular Google Analytics alternatives. Learn their functionality, top customers, and contact information to decide what you need.
#1 Plerdy Alternative to Google Analytics
The Plerdy conversion rate optimization and website analytics platform is one of Google Analytics alternatives. You can use it instead of Google Analytics or integrate the two solutions for data sharing. Plerdy optimizes your teams’ work, saving SEO specialists up to 30 hours monthly. UX designers, marketers, and analysts also free dozens of hours. Besides, Plerdy helps to enhance key website metrics. You can increase average revenue per user and customer retention rate, reduce bounce rate, optimize the website funnel, lower cart abandonment, and more.
Plerdy is a great deal for the value… It’s not hard to use at all. (kevin35)
If you choose such tools for the first time and consider other website analysis product types as alternatives, I recommend getting Plerdy. (nextlevelbros)
Plerdy combines several tools that cover different aspects of website analytics.
- Website Heatmap Tool. Heatmaps are color-based maps reflecting real-time user activity. Hotter segments mean that visitors are more active here and vice versa. Plerdy heatmaps collect data on website clicks, hovers, and scrolls with 99% accuracy. They also support dynamic website elements tracking and record statistics on SPAs, which other tools don’t offer. Plerdy provides an analytics alternative to Google. For example, you can launch A/B tests thanks to Plerdy`s Google Optimize Integration capabilities.
- Pop-Up Forms Software. Pop-ups allow you to interact with website visitors and monitor their behavior like other software alternatives do. You can show a pop-up form when a person is about to abandon a cart, initiate a subscription, collect contact details, promote your offer, etc. Plerdy has interactive video pop-up forms for invitations to any event or offer.
- Session Replay Software. Whereas Google Analytics doesn’t show how people behave on your website pages, Plerdy supports session recordings. It generates concise videos of user activity with all the critical interactions. It allows you to learn what exactly happens and test hypotheses. For example, if you think users bounce because of the confusing menu design, you will see if it’s true. With it, you can choose all or some pages to record visitor activity and add rules.
- Event and Goal Tracking. Plerdy offers more granular website analytics than Google. You can track a specific kind of activity related to the selected element. For example, find out how many users download the video. Goal Tracking is highly effective for analyzing a single element and ensures a 10X time economy. Plerdy event and goal tracking is the best agency analytics alternative in this direction.
- E-commerce Sales Performance. This feature provides more accurate and advanced data on sales than Google Analytics. You can learn what customers do before purchasing and what elements don’t affect performance at all. Plerdy also shows how different elements impact sales and allows segmenting this data by traffic channel and device. The Plerdy eCommerce sales performance tool provides even more accurate data than Google Analytics.
- Conversion Funnel Analysis. Generate a funnel based on the latest data to discover when most customers drop off. Such visualizations help to understand at what conversion stages something goes wrong. You know where to search for a problem and can troubleshoot it sooner. You definitely should try this amazing analytics alternative to Google.
- NPS. The Net Promoter Score surveys enable you to directly ask customers what they think about your website or service. The Plerdy NPS forms offer over 20 display rules and support performance analysis and integration with Google Analytics. You can collect data and then transfer it to Google Analytics for a broader picture.
Marketa Vesela, Marketing Manager at Guru Muscle:
We have been using Plerdy with our Shopify store, especially for session replay and heatmaps. SEO features are convenient so we can scan our website pages and see some Google metrics from Console.
Carlos Parga, Digital Product Designer:
Plerdy has assisted me in improving conversion rates on my Google Ads campaigns by having visual data to back changes.
I like Plerdy SEO checker. It saved my website a few times from bad Google indexing due to some SEO data being deleted.
Nic Touron from Toolmeup:
My favorite Plerdy feature would be the simple goal tracking! So UNDERRATED. Triggering an event and sending the info to Google Analytics is not easy!
I could spend more than 30 minutes setting up the event tracking. Now, this process takes less than 3 minutes and all the events that I configure in the Plerdy are automatically transmitted to Google Analytics.
#2. Matomo Alternative to Google Analytics
Matomo is an open-source web analytics software formerly called Piwik. It includes conversion optimization features, a tag manager, and visitor profile generation. You can also utilize the Matomo Analytics WordPress plugin to benefit from direct WordPress installation alternatives.
- Customers: United Nations, Red Bull, Huawei, NASA
- Location: InnoCraft, 7 Waterloo Quay PO625, 6140 Wellington, New Zealand
Waqas Sher, Freelance WordPress Developer and Customizer, said:
One of the reasons for having Matomo over Google Analytics is that I have full control over the statistical data of user activity on my website.
#3. Piwik PRO Alternative to Google Analytics
Although Piwik PRO and Matomo share the same history, now, these are two separate tools and Google Analytics alternatives. Thanks to on-request data sampling, Piwik PRO is more suitable for enterprises that need to process big data. Piwik PRO also maps customer journeys, creates a single customer view, and allows building detailed audiences.
- Customers: European Commission, Accenture, LinkedIn
- Location: Świętego Antoniego 2/4, 50-073 Wrocław, Poland
Prafulla Jadhav, Salesforce Developer at MHPI (Masco Home Products India), said:
It is very easy to use and more comfortable compared to Google analytics.
#4. Adobe Analytics Alternative to Google Analytics
Adobe Analytics is a market leader for real-time website analysis and traffic segmentation. It’s more effective for user path analysis and reporting than Google Analytics. This toolkit also offers AI-driven predictive analytics and supports machine learning.
- Customers: Bridgestone, Sprint, Vodafone, BMW
- Location: 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704 and over 15 offices across the globe
Raawi M, Senior Tagging & Implementation Specialist at Virgin Mobile Canada, claimed:
I understand that Google Analytics is free but Adobe Analytics is a stellar product, it allows you to customize your implementation to a great level.
#5. Plausible Analytics Alternative to Google Analytics
Plausible is a Google Analytics alternative offered as an open-source solution. It’s lightweight, shows all the critical statistics on one page, and ensures ultimate privacy. These benefits make Plausible Analytics alternatives convenient and suitable for small businesses, including startups, freelancers, and bloggers. Besides, it’s GDPR, CCPA, and PECR compliant.
- Customers: Acas, MapHub, EasyList
- Location: Västriku tn 2, 50403, Tartu, Estonia
Shawn Yeager provided his feedback on the software:
Simple to integrate, easy to use, with great support.
#6. Fathom Alternative to Google Analytics
Fathom is a website analytics tool that boasts comprehensive customer data, a fast script, and easy data export. It also supports a custom plugin for WordPress website alternatives.
- Customers: Teach First, codecentric AG, Velir
- Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Jess Joyce, SEO Consultant at My Own, marked:
Simple user interface, no GDPR banners required, easy light-weight loading script, privacy-focused, and I own the data!
#7. GoSquared Alternative to Google Analytics
GoSquared is a customer engagement platform for sending personalized and targeted messages. You can segment leads to detect the most promising customers and use behavior data to learn how to convert them. GoSquared creates highly detailed customer profiles.
Customers: Zapnito, Nickelled, Plasso, EmailOctopus
- Location: GoSquared, WeWork, 145 City Rd, London EC1V 1AZ, United Kingdom
Hernan Silva, Web developer and Web designer at Velocity Partners, said:
The trends tool offers almost the same set of features Google Analytics but with a simpler interface avoiding all the noise created by irrelevant data.
#8. Woopra Alternative to Google Analytics
Woopra is a real-time customer analytics service for marketing, product, support, and sales teams. It synchronizes data from your databases and connected services in real time. You can instantly use these findings to tailor the customer experience at every touchpoint.
- Customers: Hewlett Packard, Red Hat, Informatica
- Location: Woopra, Inc. 600 California St, Fl 11, San Francisco, CA 94108
Garit Boothe, SEO & Digital Marketing Consultant at Garit Boothe Digital LLC, highlighted:
I love that Woopra connects the whole customer journey. With Google Analytics, you lose sight of your users once they log into a website or app.
#9. FoxMetrics Alternative to Google Analytics
FoxMetrics identifies your most effective marketing approaches and helps you maximize their benefits. It has unique digital analytics functionality for restaurants to collect data from ordering systems, loyalty platforms, and other services. At the same time, FoxMetrics is suitable for any website that needs to analyze marketing.
- Customers: Toyota, Carter’s, AMC Theatres
- Location: FoxMetrics, 3423 Piedmont Rd Suite #243 Atlanta, GA 30305
Sean Smith’s feedback on the software:
I’m far from a super user, but so far it has helped us understand how customers experience our brand online.
#10. Tableau Alternative to Google Analytics
Tableau is a powerful visual analytics platform that provides a Google Analytics alternative for businesses and organizations to effectively analyze and manage their data. Tableau’s innovative VizQL technology translates drag-and-drop actions into data queries and provides an intuitive interface for visual data representation. Tableau is a trusted leader in the industry with a large, active community and easy-to-use platform, making it an ideal choice for modern business intelligence. The platform also integrates with Salesforce, providing access to AI-driven analytics and predictions in a single platform. Tableau offers end-to-end analytics solutions, from data connection to collaboration, to help users transform their data into actionable insights.
- Customers: Lenovo, Verizon, Lufthansa, Honeyway
- Location: NorthEdge 1621 N 34th St. Seattle, WA 98103
Regional data officer for North America, Danielle Beringer
Employees’ “aha data moments” were made possible by Tableau. Nissan needs that moment of data cognition evolving into deeper knowledge in order to succeed in the digital age.
List of Ather Alternatives to Google Analytics?
- OpenWebAnalytics: An open-source analytics platform with full data privacy control. Protect your data and obtain website performance insights.
- Clicky: A simple analytics platform with real-time data and tracking. Simple analytics help you track your website’s performance.
- Countly: A sophisticated and versatile data collection platform with scalable analytics. Track your website’s performance and instantly learn about your audience.
- Mixpanel: An advanced customer behavior analytics tool. Data-driven website optimization can boost your business.
- Heap: An AI-powered data analytics platform. An advanced analytics system that aids decision-making gives you an edge.
- Gaug.es: An easy-to-use analytics tool for data collection. Easy website performance analysis.
- KISSmetrics: A robust analytics platform that customizes data collection and analysis. Data-driven targeting improves results.
- Contentsquare: An advanced data collection and analysis tool. Understand your website’s performance and improve company results.
- Crazy Egg: Visual data collecting and analysis with heatmap analytics.
- Smartlook: A visual analytics platform that innovates data collection and processing. Understand your audience’s behavior and use data to grow your business.
Depending on your specific needs and budget, there are many great Google Analytics alternatives available that offer different features and pricing plans. From robust dashboards to extensive historical data analysis, these tools allow you to measure various aspects of your content and website, giving you valuable insights into your performance. Additionally, many of these alternatives are flexible in the way they can be customized to fit your unique situation and comply with privacy laws. Whether you’re looking to save money or simply seeking a better way to track your online presence, there is a solution out there to suit your needs. It’s always a good idea to read up on the different options and compare them in terms of pricing and features before making a plan to switch or request a free trial to test them out.