The main factors that modern users highly appreciate are an intuitive design of the website and easy navigation through pages. These and other aspects that matter for user-friendliness are taken into consideration by today’s marketers and web designers. User experience testing is the way to get insight into end-user satisfaction and improve UX.
What Is User Experience Testing?
User experience testing definition can be formulated as the set of checks and tests that are undertaken to collect qualitative and quantitative data, perform UX-driven changes, and improve user satisfaction.
- Usability issues and navigation level;
- Weak spots of the business or ecommerce website;
- Pains and expectations of users;
- Speed the visitors accomplish on-page tasks;
- Quality of users’ interactions on the website;
- Comparison of the website or app with competitors’ digital tools in the niche;
- New digital solutions and on-page elements testing.
This way, you get a detailed explanation of how your visitors perceive your website design. If you are interested in increased online outreach and a customer-centric approach for your business, it is important to analyze users’ interactions and their feedback reports regularly. User experience testing tools are used to detect issues that harm UX and fix these defects timely.
Why Is User Experience Testing Important?
Websites and applications should be tested in the context of their user experience for the most effective design updates and tech improvements for the absolute satisfaction of all the end-users. If people who visit your digital platform get everything they want and stay pleased with interactions that take place on the site or app, the chances to convert leads into standing clients and loyal audiences are significantly bigger.
User experience web testing is necessary for many reasons. For example, this is the way to get relevant feedback and update your website according to the users’ expectations. Additionally, present-day user experience testing software offers to check, monitor, and improve the following aspects that are critically important for UX:
- Mobile-friendliness & responsive design;
- On-page elements (CTA buttons, blocks, content);
- Clickability rates and SEO;
- Marketing, branding campaigns, and ads.
User Experience Testing with Plerdy
“I have an opportunity to keep track of all the interactions with my dynamic website element! Only live insights and extremely efficient improvements for my websites are Plerdy.”
Jonathan P. (Entrepreneur)
“Plerdy is one of our must-have tools because it offers a wide range of helpful options for search engine optimization. We regularly use Heatmaps, Events Tracking, SEO integration with Google Search Console, and other services available in the Plerdy user experience testing tool!”
Anastasia (SEO specialist)
Plerdy is one of the most top-ranking software on the modern market that makes it possible to analyze user behavior and interactions with website elements deeper and more effectively. The Plerdy user experience testing checklist for comprehensive UX analysis is reviewed below. Take a closer look at the main services and tools for a better user experience.
Plerdy Heatmap tools are the best way to determine the sequence of clicks on your website pages and find the most click-friendly on-page elements. User experience web testing is impossible without analytical background based on user interactions. Heatmap tools by Plerdy also detect CTA buttons, content, and other blocks that are rarely clicked. It is possible to explore traffic channels and divide users according to their clicks, behavior, etc.
One good example of Heatmaps tools in work is a Kredobank case. The Plerdy software was used for deep analysis of users’ interactions on the official website of this banking structure. The UX report contained not only relevant data on visitors’ experience (click-based statistics, bounce rates) but recommendations like:
- To delete all the useless content from the main page;
- To replace “hot” (CTA) buttons and contact information to the click-friendly place;
- To delete outdated on-page elements that slow down conversion algorithms.
Online user experience testing requires session recordings and their replay to understand user behavior in the live mode. If you would like to explore your customer’s journey firsthand, the Plerdy’s session replay option comes in handy. It will be suitable for marketing campaign development with tailored solutions based on real end-user interactions (cursor moves, scrolling, screen capturing, clicks, etc.).
Additionally, there are many filters applicable for gathered customer data. You can investigate each interaction separately or analyze them all together. Session replay service is essential for timely on-page configurations. It is worth noting that this option is available both for desktop and mobile versions of websites to provide more accurate UX-driven insights.
This procedure is notable by the analysis of conversion leads into payable customers. All the movements through the pages are taken into account. You can improve user experience with the help of the Plerdy conversion funnel analysis that includes:
- Detection of shifts in user behavior;
- Determination of reasons why leads abandon the funnel;
- Monitoring of users’ interactions with new on-page elements;
- Analyzing each phase of the conversion funnel by leads.
The marketers have an opportunity to pick sides with the optimal funnel type according to available insights. Sometimes a horizontal one is better than a former vertical and brings more ready-to-convert leads.
The Plerdy software allows marketers and business representatives to get information on users’ activities in the context of special-purpose events and goals. For example, you can keep track of your website visitors’ interactions with some online forms, links, surveys, etc.
Besides the page view calculation option that is available in many testing tools, Plerdy offers synchronization of events and goals of your interest with Google Analytics. Inefficient on-page elements and useless events can be easily removed from the analysis.
This option is helpful for business representatives who would like to analyze their revenues for a certain period of time. E-commerce sales performance is well-visible through monitoring the following parameters in Plerdy:
- The efficiency of website blocks (on-page elements that speed up or slow down conversions);
- KPI where key performance indicators demonstrate the effectiveness of the optimizations;
- Number of orders after these or those interactions (CPAs, notifications, links, special offers, etc.);
- Marketing and ads statistics to estimate results of the digital campaigns and provide new tailored ones.
Best User Experience Testing Methods
Methodologies that are used for comprehensive testing are called scientific methods. The most popular and efficient practices that compile in today’s UX testing tools are:
- Card sorting is about the way on how to organize website elements for better navigation and user experience.
- Moderated user testing is the way to get insights with the help of feedback given to a moderator or other party in the group of respondents (end-users).
- Unmoderated user testing is the survey is done optionally without third parties and required questions to answer.
- Recordings are the way to see all the users’ interactions in a live mode with the session replay option.
It is essential to offer a user-friendly digital product to perform well in the online environment and catch the target audience’s attention. UX-driven audit and deep analysis of user experience key parameters helps business representatives to understand how website visitors interact with their companies, products, services, etc. This is a comprehensive analytical background based on the end-users feedback.
Use UX testing methods that are presented in the special-purpose tools like Plerdy (Heatmaps, session replay, conversion funnel analysis, etc.). Determine weaknesses and low-converting tactics faster. As a result, you get higher conversion rates, increased traffic with higher ROI, and boosted sales.